• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What browser & e-mail combo do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webfreak

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
I currently use OE and FF. Considering switching to Thunderbird for my e-mail.

How about you?
 
IE7 + Outlook
 
FF - All my mail is web-based
 
browsers: Firefox, Opera, IE(testing designs only)
mail:web based
 
FireFox, Gmail, Outlook
 
MS Outlook and Thunderbird
 
FF: I like the extensions
Thunderbird: I like the mail filters.
 
mikesherov said:
FF: I like the extensions
Thunderbird: I like the mail filters.

Firefox and Thunderbird, although I have downloaded and installed IE 7.0.

To resolve IDN on Windows OS systems without XP Service Pack 2 you will need to install the Verisign Pluggin which will enable browsing with IE 6.0 and Email with Outlook (Office Version) or Install an Alternative Browser and Email Server. The best option in my opinion is Firefox and Thunderbird. Mac users have no problems apparently with IDN.

If you have Service Pack 2 then IE 7.0 will provide browser support for IDN, but on it own will not give email support.

Windows and Office Vista should solve all issue relating to IDN, including providing email support. I believe you will also get embedded link support and all the other bits and pieces that we are starting to take for granted with ASCII domains.

What is astounding is how easily and seamlessly you can migrate from Outlook to Thunderbird or indeed from IE to FF. You get to keep all your address books and favourites etc, without any real effort. You are back in business after about 10 minutes orientation. Only once you have tried Thunderbird will you fully appreciate what a nightmare Outlook really is!
 
FF and outlook 2003 with spambayes and lookout.

Spambayes is a bayesian filter meaning it lears what is spam as it goes, it's a fast learner and after a couple of days you will be hard pressed to ever find any false positives.

Lookout replaces the slow MS search for outlook, can search several years of email and bring up all revelant results in a couple of seconds.
 
Opera with it's built in M2 mail client. Opera is the smallest footprint for a browser/mail client. The entire download from Opera is smaller than just the Firefox browser by itself. It has excellent features as well. The mail client for Opera has some amazing features and being built into Opera is just the pudding on the cake imho.

I tried using Thunderbird and thought it kind of plain. I won't touch outlook but I know it's feature rich. Most malicious software is written for outlook so I leave it alone. Opera has newsgroup and rss reader built in as well. So I get everything I need with 1 program and without any plugins.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom