• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What do YOU think 3 char .com is worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
1
I've been watching and logging these domains over the past 3 weeks now and have been very surprised at what they've been sold for on the average versus what member's appraisals have been.

The cynical side says "keep saying they are worth LESS, to get a better bargain"

The benevolent side says "this is what they are actually selling for".

I don't know which side is right or wrong or why... but I do know this:

3 weeks, 31 domains, 3 characer .coms... $6,733 USD

Average per domain is $420.81 USD
_____________________________
3 char / # sold / $ sold / Average
_____________________________
LNN / 4 / $1,518.00 / $379.50
LNL / 9 / $1,815.00 / $201.67
LLN / 7 / $1,831.00 / $261.57
NNL / 2 / $310.00 / $155.00
NLL / 8 / $1,139.00 / $142.38
NLN / 1 / $120.00 / $120.00

LLN seems to have the highest per sale value.

That data changes minute by minute and I'm sure I will add new numbers to my growing list when I am done posting here.

But I thought the numbers were consistant and interesting enough to share.

If any of you have any recent 3 character .com SALES or PURCHASES you want to send me to include in my analysis, I would appreciate them. Just the domain and the sale price and date. PM's or post here.

NOTE - I'm not saying that everyone is willing to pay the average and I'm not saying that the average defines any individual domain's value... it's just interesteding to see.

For what it's worth...

GoPC!
 
I bought 9YF.com yesterday (10/01/07) for $130 (i thought this was quite cheap) you can add that if you like.

This data is great, Thanks for sharing!
 
Thanks! Added. Didn't have that one logged. Nice buy :)

Isn't 9YF a figher plane? Anyway, thanks again :)

GoPC!
 
Yeh it is a plane, according to google anyways.

Thanks for the info again you deserve a medal :D.

just bought WM9.com, HU9.com and WK8.com for $400 (133.33each) dya think its a good buy? and you can add this to your information.
 
Seems like a good buy to me :)

Info added, thanks!

Your additions bring LLN domains to a $223.00 average :)

GoPC!
 
Update...

New title holder... x1x.com just sold for $2300 USD. NICE sale :)

49 domains in the study, averag is now $285.69 per domain. Taking out the high dollar sales (anything over $500) drops the average only $20 bucks... average without these is still $269.32

Highest earners is still LNL combinations with over TWICE the sales volume as any other ext. 2nd most lucrative is LLN combinations.

GoPC!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom