• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What e-ventures should I look into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxf

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking that I'm going to get out of the internet business community for good. But before I make that choice, I'd like for some of you to field this question for me:

Are there any sorts of internet businesses that are fairly easy to get into? By "easy," I don't necessarily mean easy money. I'm really just looking for a simple business that wouldn't require an engineer to create / operate. Also, obviously, I wouldn't have anything particularly unique.

I was thinking along the lines of a drop-shipper or retailer of sorts. Or anything really. Do you all have any suggestions? I'd be looking for something other than buyer/selling domain names, as I'm not really creative enough to make money from doing that.

Feedback would be much appreciated.
 
Do what you know, if you dev. a site based on something you enjoy that shows and it increases the quality of the site.

I read an article in Wired today about a venture capitalist who is looking at all the old dotcom business plans that failed or never got used. Mainly because then people were on dial up and now everything is fast. So maybe you could try that out too.
 
Why not just buy and sell names. Open up an account at Snap Names and buy names on the drop, or buy names from expired names lists....or on this board. Sell a small percentage of those names to pay for your living expenses and renewals, and retire in 24 months.

That's the only business I would want to be in. You can do it from anywhere, and it is one of the only businesses in the world where you can make a million and not have to speak to a human being while doing it (if that's your preference).

If there is another business out there that is better then I haven't heard of it.
 
WhoDatDog said:
Why not just buy and sell names. Open up an account at Snap Names and buy names on the drop, or buy names from expired names lists....or on this board. Sell a small percentage of those names to pay for your living expenses and renewals, and retire in 24 months.

That's the only business I would want to be in. You can do it from anywhere, and it is one of the only businesses in the world where you can make a million and not have to speak to a human being while doing it (if that's your preference).

If there is another business out there that is better then I haven't heard of it.

How many dnforum mebers could retire right away? I think this might be the minority. If you want to make money with buying and selling domain names or websites, you also need to work hard. Sometimes you get lucky and get a name cheap, but that doesn't happen too ofeten as too many domainers are out there.
You could also say buy and sell merchandise on ebay and retire in 24 months ;-) You also wouldn't have to talk to anyone.

My advice, try to find something you are interested in, as this increases the chances of becomming a success.

Good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom