• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What happened to DNforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I use to be a lot more active here about a 6 months to a year ago. I came back here a while ago and, well, yuck. I'm disappointed in this forum now.

It looks ugly.

Whoever owns Dnforum is a sell out. Look at all the advertising and promotions. It doesn't make me want to do business here. The ads aren't even professional looking. Where are the standards?

There are so many affiliations/partnerships with dnforum, I don't trust any of the companies.

Recommended software? Recommended by who? Mr. dollar bill?

Domain appraisals? Buying traffic? People still pay for that?

Is it all about the money at Dnforum now?

I hope everyone understands that I at least have a right to speak up since I did pay my membership fee earlier this year.

I hesitate posting this but I'm going to do it anyways and see what kind of response I get from all you gold and platinum members.

I say shape up Dnforum or you'll get buried.
 
Its suddenly gone dead. Surely strange.

But oh.. wait a min.. start a gossip and see how the posts start to roll. lolz :lol:
 
This is the new and improved business format, Mocus banner and all.
 
everyone's busy buying/selling domains, no time to talk :)
 
I use to be a lot more active here about a 6 months to a year ago. I came back here a while ago and, well, yuck. I'm disappointed in this forum now.

when was that? i see you have 87 posts? :)

It looks ugly.

Whoever owns Dnforum is a sell out. Look at all the advertising and promotions. It doesn't make me want to do business here. The ads aren't even professional looking. Where are the standards?

There are so many affiliations/partnerships with dnforum, I don't trust any of the companies.

Recommended software? Recommended by who? Mr. dollar bill?

Domain appraisals? Buying traffic? People still pay for that?

Is it all about the money at Dnforum now?

I hope everyone understands that I at least have a right to speak up since I did pay my membership fee earlier this year.

I hesitate posting this but I'm going to do it anyways and see what kind of response I get from all you gold and platinum members.

I say shape up Dnforum or you'll get buried.

Takes a while to get used to new shape dude, but easy to navigate
I ignore all banners personally & hate them with a vengeance.
The ones that flash really get on my t*ts, but thats another thing

You of course have a right to say what you feel dude :yes:

Personally i think it's great.
Theres a hell of a lot of free resources too.
Especially if you upgrade to excusive
Take it easy
 
The only complaint I have, is that I keep having to login to the forum. Not sure what is causing this.
 
The only complaint I have, is that I keep having to login to the forum. Not sure what is causing this.

A lot changed after the (in)famous hijack, probably more security now, I need to login at least once in a day, at least firefox remembers the details.

And yes, there are also other forums to visit, each has it's own flavour.
 
maybe ur firewall settings dont allow cookies. that way the login info does not get retained?
check ur firewall / browser settings
 
The only complaint I have, is that I keep having to login to the forum. Not sure what is causing this.
Clear your cache, remove all cookies, and try again, and click on that little REMEMBER ME box???

What ever the cause, it is not making much sense. I log in from numerous computers in my travels and always remembers log in. Try Firefox or even Safari browser.

The ads aren't even professional looking. Where are the standards?

There are so many affiliations/partnerships with dnforum, I don't trust any of the companies.

Recommended software? Recommended by who? Mr. dollar bill?

Domain appraisals? Buying traffic? People still pay for that?
You do bring up some very good points.

But do you really think that DNF creates the ads that someone else is posting? Yes, some of them suck (ok, a lot suck) but that is the advertisers blown effort, not DNF.

You don't have to trust any of the affiliations/partnerships but I have developed many affiliations and partnerships with some of the members here and have built up a trust.

Software recommendation...might be some more of those sucky ads.

And domain appraisals and buying traffic? Not the experienced domainers. But that is where the education and forum has its true value. Still much to teach and much to learn.

It is still DNForum.
 
I got a kick out of the domain roundtable ad that had a picture of a porn star on it... :rolleyes:
 
DNForum is the best. Unless you're a pimply kid that likes paintball and stuff.
 
Except in the homepage a right pane with ad tiles, and featured softs and domains,
there is no change, no additionnal ad space has been created.
DNForum continue to be the same.
What make the value of a forum is not the design and decorations but the conversations.
 
Except in the homepage a right pane with ad tiles, and featured softs and domains,
there is no change, no additionnal ad space has been created.
DNForum continue to be the same.
What make the value of a forum is not the design and decorations but the conversations.

well said.
just the 'tonic' .......cyber :smilewinkgrin:
 
My opinion is that this is the best domain "business" forum around.

The ads are annoying, but a part of life....please do not go to times square....you will be really pissed.
 
Money talks...bullshit walks! So take a walk kid! :ok:
 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as domainers we are all trying to earn income buying/selling, ppc, affiliate programs, etc. To me it's only natural that a popular domain forum would be promoting services and products of interest to that group. How does having ads on pages affect you from doing business? Lots of business is still done here. Most people running a popular forum would do the same thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom