• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What happened to DNforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except in the homepage a right pane with ad tiles, and featured softs and domains,
there is no change, no additionnal ad space has been created.
DNForum continue to be the same.
What make the value of a forum is not the design and decorations but the conversations.

Well said, I actually didn't noticed all the ads until now; I think my mind just ignored them. :)

As long as the information on this forum is good, I don't mind the advertisements.
 
Actually only thing I don't like in DNF is that it's loading rather slow for me lately :(
 
Clear your cache, remove all cookies, and try again, and click on that little REMEMBER ME box???

What ever the cause, it is not making much sense. I log in from numerous computers in my travels and always remembers log in. Try Firefox or even Safari browser.

I did all of that, + I click the remember me box each time I login. The problem remains. Juniperpark said he had the same problem, not sure what the fix is. The problem started a few months ago.
 
i get a kick about people here complaining about ads when most of the people in this business park domains and use ppc advertising.

just my 2 cents
 
Actually only thing I don't like in DNF is that it's loading rather slow for me lately :(
Occasionally I have the same prob. it is my understanding that Adam has plans to outfit everyone with the newest CPU with Duo Processors...payable in DNF$

I did all of that, + I click the remember me box each time I login. The problem remains. Juniperpark said he had the same problem, not sure what the fix is. The problem started a few months ago.
Very odd. It could be your firewall or perhaps your security settings.

i get a kick about people here complaining about ads when most of the people in this business park domains and use ppc advertising.

just my 2 cents
AMEN, brother! Did you notice the shameless self promotion in the OP sig?

I would never do something like that!
 
it depends what your expectations are from the forum. Vast majority of forums made for the purpose of discussion some kind of topics, this particular forum allows you to buy and sell names, which is - making money. This forum is a business forum, it is a pure
revenue oriented environment. If there are people that came here and think that this is
a forum where people "talk" about domain names they should quit domaining. All these domain discussions that we have here they lead us to making more money.

The owner of the forum owns the mechanism that allows members make good money, I don't see anything bad in advertising offers, upselling etc.
 
Whoever owns Dnforum is a sell out. Look at all the advertising and promotions. It doesn't make me want to do business here. The ads aren't even professional looking. Where are the standards?

hey Pooh, can you teach me how to make friends too?
 
With a name like Pooh, do you think you will be taken serious...

First suggestion, change username....

.... Second point, will pick up as summer ends and people get their holidays overwith.

-=DCG=-
 
MANY people have stopped using this forum -- including myself -- because the "remember me" option was broken a few months ago, and the management here simply refuses to fix it.

I posted about this in detail way back when - and nothing has been done. Several people commented they have the SAME problem - including some in this thread.

This is a BIG deal - I'm just not going to waste my time logging in again and again to read the board or respond to PMs. I'm tired a posting a long message (ie contributing to the forum) only to LOSE THE ENTIRE POST because my 'session timed out' and can't be continues because DNForum is failing to properly read the session cookies.

And by the way -- it has NOTHING to do with caching, clearing browser cookies, or any of the non-sense that has been suggested implying that the problem is on the user's end. It's not, and that's been proven over and over again by several people.

You may have noticed that other forums are getting MORE traffic while DNForum is getting less. That becuase many people, myself included, have taken out business and our contributions elsewhere. If DNForum wants to commit suicide by ignoring bugs and making it difficult to use the system, so be it.
 
DNF allows me to buy and sell. DNF allows me to network. DNF helps teach and inform me of the things I didn't already know. What it looks like matters not. In this case - ugly is beautiful!
 
DNF allows me to buy and sell. DNF allows me to network. DNF helps teach and inform me of the things I didn't already know. What it looks like matters not. In this case - ugly is beautiful!

The choir says Amen.


Remember, life's a bitch, then you die. Nothing's perfect but DNForum, we're glad you are here. Hey, have a nice day.
 
I have to chime in and say the site looks slick and clean for me..I don't even notice the few ads that are running...some people just like to complain and be the "negative nelly's" I guess..if you don't like it here little POO, well...don't let the door hit you in the ass dude! :ok:
 
Group Hug Biatches :grouphug:............:smilewinkgrin:
 
:mocus punches poo poo boy in the mouth and shoots him in the eye with his own paintball gun:

hey the smiley did'nt work! lol
 
I just like the way DNforum is laid out, the discussion topics, etc. I check one other forum for buying/selling, and a little posting, but otherwise it's all here.
 
I don't have any problems with the remember me function :)
using firefox and it logs me in every time automatically

~MG
 
This is the new and improved business format, Mocus banner and all.

lol, i hate that mocus character. something not right with him. i avert his unhallowed gaze at all costs. ...scrollbar .. faster !! lol
 
:mocus punches poo poo boy in the mouth and shoots him in the eye with his own paintball gun:

...and the level of professionalism remains the same...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom