Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What happened to Whois.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody knows what happened to www.whois.net? They had a nice free search engine for expired domain names based on keywords. Can't be reached anymore since 3 - 4 days.

BTW, is (was) it VeriSign operating that site? The Whois-record says "Verio", is that part of VesiSign, or maybe vice versa?

Domain summit 2024

Originally posted by namescanner
Anybody knows what happened to www.whois.net? They had a nice free search engine for expired domain names based on keywords. Can't be reached anymore since 3 - 4 days.

BTW, is (was) it VeriSign operating that site? The Whois-record says "Verio", is that part of VesiSign, or maybe vice versa?

Internic.com shows this

WhoIs.com (i'll list the .net below)
registar: NetworkSolutions
NameServer: Pridns.silkroute.com.sg

WhoIs.net
Registar: Melborne ID, LTD DBA: Internet Names Worldwide
NameServer: NSX.NTX.NET

Melbourne.net
Registar: Network Solutions
NameServer: Seth.warehouse.net

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed its been down too. Whois.net is (or was) a great resource that’s been around a long time. Not always up to date, but very flexible and useful when combined with other tools. I liked for example that you could check how many TLDs are registered that contain a particular keyword, who registered them, and if or how they are being used. I'll miss it if its gone. Here is another good research tool: http://www.archive.org/

Originally posted by namescanner

realize.. it's .US show time.. right??

well.. so, that's prob. why the system is not accessible..

drops will probably be lagging during next few days.

it all trickles down..

just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom