• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale What holds more long term value? LLN or NNL.ca ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
16
Hey guys,


I posted this on another thread but I wanted to get as many .CA'ers opinions as possible. Now that LLL.ca and NNN.ca are gone, what do you feel is the best combination out there?

Is it:
LNL, NLN, LLN or NNL?

Examples

A1A, 1A1, 11A or AA1?


I'm sure in certain circumstances, a LNN may be better then a LNL, but i'm asking overall, what do you think will hold the most value?

I like LNL but I could be off my rcoker.


Thanks!
 
Free advice ... buy a better .com or at the very least, a better .ca. I think your plan is like buying lottery tickets at best, and a waste of money at worst.
 
I actually have not regged any of those combinations myself Shaun, I'm just interested in the general feeling. At the rate. CA registrations are going, it would probably take quite awhile for them to turn into real value.

the LLL.ca's just disappeared so who knows how long it would take for value to come out of those.



Thanks!
 
My suggestion is buying actual words...plenty available.
 
I don't think any dictionary word in .ca is necessarily a good reg purely from an investment point, it has to have some potential commercial appeal. I'd rather have a popular two word term than a low quality dictionary word, for example.

I don't know why, but short domains seem to be very popular when you look at .com
LLN, NLL, LNL and even NLN all sell for xxx or higher now. People just seem to like short no matter what the order. Lot's of sales data on short domains.

To answer the original question, I think LLN combinations generally have the best potential of the four. The first two letters could be an acronym for a term, business, or name initials. John Smith can't reg John.ca, Smith.ca, JS.ca and so on anymore. But maybe he can get JS1.ca or JS2.ca

There are less NNL.ca combinations than LLN.ca. If your favorite number is 14 you can't get 14.ca anymore, but maybe 14M.ca or 14A.ca as a vanity domain, the letter being the first letter of your name, or whatever.

There are loads of these types of names still available, I'm not recommending anyone break the bank on investing in these, but I can see some future demand for these types of domains. Maybe far in the future, but look at LLN and NNL in other extensions, they're all gone.

Couple years ago LLL.ca and NNN.ca were no big deal, hundreds or thousands still available, now all gone.

There are only 2,600 NNL.ca and 6,760 LLN.ca, not a huge amount for one or a few big domainers to buy out.
 
Last edited:
Hugegrowth,

I just registered

Balk(.)ca
and ajar(.)ca

These are quality in my opinion :)
 
I'm not as concerned about if they are good investments, although I really do appreciate everyones input on that, but moreover, what is the best combination you could have (whether you want to or not):

Hugegrowth listed some numbers (thank you for that by the way). He seems to think LLN.ca.

Here is a question for you guys. Would you rather have a LLN like HW3.ca or a LNL like H3H.ca?
 
Irish, i respect the fact that you are very interested in the 3 Character domains. I guess my only advice is that...there are many different domains that will be worth more than those ones. You should be looking at the CCC.ca's last. Especially with so many words available still.
 
I really don't like LNL and NLN type domains, too hard on the eyes for me. But in .com they still sell for over $100, which is beyond my understanding.

I'd go with LLN and NNL, they're even easier to speak out loud.

I remember seeing LLN.com selling for under $20 maybe three years ago. Today I read they are minimum $300 to $500. That's quite a price jump. I think .ca will parallel this price rise, but over much more time. Heard today that Canada adds over 1% to the population every year in immigration. A bigger population over time means more demand for domains. :)
 
Last edited:
I don't know about the dictionary rule. I had dictionary .com's and I was lucky to get 50 for most of them (because most of them frankly sucked, you won't get a quality one at reg=fee ever, if some still exist). So while I wouldn't reg a ton of N + L combinations for the sake of it in .ca, I also would not reg what I would consider bad dictionary words either.

CCC.ca?
 
For the record, I don't own any three character L and N combo domains in .ca

I do own some L-L though
 
i purchased 20s-90s (ca) minus 80s about 8 months ago and i wouldn't even consider selling for less than 10k, those are however unique nnL though.
 
Thanks for the opinions guys! I'd love to hear the rest of the .CA community weight in on this, I know we are very well represented on this forum.
 
Hugegrowth,

I just registered

Balk(.)ca
and ajar(.)ca

These are quality in my opinion :)

Second opinion, they are not quality. You will go bankrupt registering .ca names like those. Just because it is a word, doesn't mean it has value. No offense, just trying to help.
 
Shaun...Funny...this brings back flashbacks of when i was buying 4 letter word .com's 10 years ago.

Time will tell :)
 
I'm impressed; what are some of the 4 letter words you registered 10 years ago?
 
10 years ago = 1998.

If you had any 4 letter .com's then, unless you turned around and sold them right after, and didn't hold on to them, I would think you were quite well off, as they have been demanding a premium for half a decade now.

I would also be interested in hearing what gems you picked up a decade ago.
 
Shaun...Funny...this brings back flashbacks of when i was buying 4 letter word .com's 10 years ago.

Time will tell :)


10 years ago ??? I thought you are 17/18 now...:?:
 
My personal preference would be LLN.ca :D I don't own any ccc.ca's at this time though
 
Hugegrowth,

I just registered

Balk(.)ca
and ajar(.)ca

These are quality in my opinion :)

Junk.

There are good mining opportunities but those two certainly don't cut it.

Look for words that represent something commercial. How could you EVER monetize those two???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom