Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

opinion What is a "Struggle Session" and why we should avoid them at DNForum

This is an opinion held by the original poster regarding the material discussed in the first post of the thread, be it domain name related or not.
Domain summit 2024

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He is not being attacked because of his religion from what I see. He is being criticized because his actions are not becoming of a Christian and basically making mockery of the faith.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He is not being attacked because of his religion from what I see. He is being criticized because his actions are not becoming of a Christian and basically making mockery of the faith.

They are mocking him for praying.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are mocking him for praying.

They are mocking because his solution to the hack is to pray during a meeting to address the hack which went off the rails. There has been no specific action taken and their questions/concerns are continued to be unaddressed. Do you not see a problem here?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are mocking because his solution to the hack is to pray during a meeting to address the hack which went off the rails. There has been no specific action taken and their questions/concerns are continued to be unaddressed. Do you not see a problem here?

That's one take.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can spin it any way you want to make yourself feel better. But it is what it is.
You can insist they are mentioning Rob's religion for no reason other than he deserves it, If that makes you feel better but it is what it is.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can insisting they are mentioning Rob's religion for no reason other than he deserves it, If that makes you feel better but it is what it is.

I just don't see his religion as the reason for his criticisms. I am a Christian and so are many members of NamePros. Yet I cringed when Rob broke out into prayer and cringe every time he injects religion into business matters. Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers at the temple. You should not invoke Christ's name to help your business.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't see his religion as the reason for his criticisms. I am a Christian and so are many members of NamePros. Yet I cringed when Rob broke out into prayer and cringe every time he injects religion into business matters. Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers at the temple. You should not invoke Christ's name to help your business.

I don't agree with prosperity gospel either but I'm seeing comments like ( paraphrasing ) Rob is praying for me, that's bad.

Rob isn't not doing business in a Temple or Church. He's living his beliefs, which should govern everything we do.

Rob & Epik have failed at keeping their customers information secure, criticism is deserved. Mocking him for his beliefs isn't. I believe Rob is sincere, I don't agree with him.

1634264563182.png

Last edited:

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with prosperity gospel either but I'm seeing comments like ( paraphrasing ) Rob is praying for me, that's bad.

Rob isn't not doing business in a Temple or Church. He's living his beliefs, which should govern everything we do.

Rob & Epik have failed at keeping their customers information secure, criticism is deserved. Mocking him for his beliefs isn't. I believe Rob is sincere, I don't agree with him.

View attachment 5480
I agree with your observation that Rob is sincere. Although I feel he is misguided. There is a scripture that says, "pride before a fall". I think he has a very high opinion of himself. This can easily happen to any of us if we have a level of success in life. We may see that as evidence of God's approval. Of course that is not the case. Many very poor people have God's approval. Material gains are not a sign.

At the same time, we can also understand the frustration of his customers or anyone that opened an account on Epik. And certainly simply saying a prayer is not going to show that you have those individuals' best interests in mind. A prayer can be said in private. But it must be followed up by works in harmony with it.

In the end, Rob is a businessman. And seems to care a lot about Epik.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But clearly, not everyone is salty Epik is still standing.
That doesn't appear the be the case after reading 120 pages of complaints from people that aren't even Epik's customers. They know they can't cancel Epik because it's not a public company and they can't hurt it with a boycott either because they're not customers, to begin with. The only power they have is to try and influence others to believe the lies and to cave to social pressure.

All I have to say to them is, "Good luck! I hope the time spent trying to bring Epik to its knees was worth it."

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The NP Struggle session is very much in progress -- an objective voice of reason was banned:

Independent thinking from a voice that did not subscribe to the approved narrative was apparently not allowed.

I have absolutely no idea who this person actually was. All I know is that he was smart, articulate and courageous.

Whoever this user is, may God bless him!

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with your observation that Rob is sincere. Although I feel he is misguided. There is a scripture that says, "pride before a fall". I think he has a very high opinion of himself. This can easily happen to any of us if we have a level of success in life. We may see that as evidence of God's approval. Of course that is not the case. Many very poor people have God's approval. Material gains are not a sign.

At the same time, we can also understand the frustration of his customers or anyone that opened an account on Epik. And certainly simply saying a prayer is not going to show that you have those individuals' best interests in mind. A prayer can be said in private. But it must be followed up by works in harmony with it.

In the end, Rob is a businessman. And seems to care a lot about Epik.

For those of you connecting dots, NameOptions is DNPlaybook aka TCK at NamePros. He is entitled to his opinions. As near as I can tell, Tom and Derek Peterson sing from the same "hymnal". I don't claim to fully understand their shared fascination with Epik, but I think they certainly have a lot to say about Epik and seem to devote a lot of their time to the topic. And when it comes to TCK's site, apparently Epik is the main thing Google cares about with half of the indexed pages referencing Epik.

The site has a modest 186 indexed pages:

1634590044312.png

Of these, nearly half point to Epik:

1634590059683.png

#BeEpik

Level 4
Reaction score
For those of you connecting dots, NameOptions is DNPlaybook aka TCK at NamePros. He is entitled to his opinions. As near as I can tell, Tom and Derek Peterson sing from the same "hymnal". I don't claim to fully understand their shared fascination with Epik, but I think they certainly have a lot to say about Epik and seem to devote a lot of their time to the topic. And when it comes to TCK's site, apparently Epik is the main thing Google cares about with half of the indexed pages referencing Epik.

The site has a modest 186 indexed pages:

View attachment 5502

Of these, nearly half point to Epik:

View attachment 5503

#BeEpik

Truth is, just a couple of blog posts about Epik. All blog posts link to the archives. Some of them (obviously) make mention of Epik as there's a total of 5 blog posts about Epik. Hence the 85 search results.

I would hardly call that an extraordinary number given the timespan of those set of posts is a couple of years.

#BeTruthful

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
They have banned me completelly from that topic on NP, after my last reply to Kirthacker, paid by Molly White and whoever knows to hack Epik, it seems that they are afrad of what I can say, because I m right.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have banned me completelly from that topic on NP, after my last reply to Kirthacker, paid by Molly White and whoever knows to hack Epik, it seems that they are afrad of what I can say, because I m right.

Sorry for your pain there but in reality it is NP's loss. No rational person likes to be censored and also no rational person wants to find out post-fact that they were denied essential information. However, this is the world we live in now. Most people have no idea that pieces are missing, let alone which ones, they will likely never finish the puzzle.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Sorry for your pain there but in reality it is NP's loss. No rational person likes to be censored and also no rational person wants to find out post-fact that they were denied essential information. However, this is the world we live in now. Most people have no idea that pieces are missing, let alone which ones, they will likely never finish the puzzle.
You make it hard for people that support you to actually support you. They posted they banned that one person because of duplicate accounts. Do you allow duplicate accounts here? I've seen threads removed here. So is that not censoring? From reading that thread over there, you tried to get it shut down, sideways threatening people. It seems a lot of times what you post, doesn't match what you do.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You make it hard for people that support you to actually support you. They posted they banned that one person because of duplicate accounts. Do you allow duplicate accounts here? I've seen threads removed here. So is that not censoring? From reading that thread over there, you tried to get it shut down, sideways threatening people. It seems a lot of times what you post, doesn't match what you do.

There is no indication of a ban for duplicate accounts for @Neoget.

There is an indication that NP justified banning a thoughtful user with fluent English for an alleged duplicate account. The identity of that user is unknown to me but based on writing style is almost certainly a different person.

Your conflation of the topics is however duly noted. As you are brand new to DNF, enjoy yourself. If you spout nonsense or troll, people will ignore you but if you add value, people will engage and follow.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom