• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What is the best two/three letter combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
3,987
Reaction score
16
I have a question for the forum. I want to register a domain name. There are still many available two/three letter combos available. What would you recommend or say this the most valuable 2-3 letter or word combo regardless of tld. This would be with or without development. I just want to get my thoughts right. Some might say wow or ip, I want real value, the domain I am going register is going to cost me some serious cash so it's important to be right. Your assistance and thoughts will help me form my opinion and I greatly value my peers opinions & thoughts on this subject. Have a great Monday, if possible... LOL. Fire Away!
 
Sorry, but TLD does matter. Unless you plan to register something like IBM.xx and get your ass sued afterwards.
 
well, no, the tld is not a consideration for the question I proposed above. I just want to evaluate the best possible short 2-3 combo's. If you say IBM is one of those terms then I take that into consideration. For the sake of this thread, let's explore the words or phrases themselves, their popularity, search strength, term usage, etc...
 
A1
123
777
888
800
fun
go
do
buy
car
ad
ads
vow
 
hot
new
web
net
on
pc
one
any
all
US
USA
zip
vip
my
our
key
HQ
etc
TV
CPA
art
ID
wow
 
3 letter:
msn

2 letter:
us

2 char:
f1
 
win
bet
tip
vip
car
sex
ok
jd (my initials)
you
me
man
men
 
the list is endless.
Just some coming off the top of my head:

sex
top
car
box
win
aaa
sss
mmm
nnn
men
man

....etc
 
Just remembered: God

Also:

pay
inn
toy
xxx
max
dot
hit
OD
Mr
in
out
the
Rx
He
She


Yeah, like allanh said. It's pretty much "endless"!
 
it would seem obivious that any combo that is a word in itself is desirable.

or same 2 letters/ same 3 letters

followed by those that sound like actual words phonetically, when arranged in such order.

combo's that spell words backwards.

acronyms

but it depends if you are buying to later resell or develope
 
new, now, fun, go, me, my, car, dad, mom, wow, who, why, men, zoo, eye, own, dog, cat, buy, ads, her, aaa, boy, usd, big, hot, his, etc..

I like go.com but depending on your position on development, I'd probably go with Buy.com, Men.com, Ads.com.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom