• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What is the point of DRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
187
Reaction score
1
Domain Research Tool: Everything that is worth more than $3 is taken. Anything with more than 300 backlinks is taken. Any website with a PR higher than 3 is taken, and those that are higher are all Fake PR. Anything with an overture rating is taken. You can scan lists of names that are due to drop in a week and everything is still taken. Are the lists with DRT pre-scanned before they are released? I mean, the list entitled "due to drop tomorrow", for example: All of the names with any value, when scanned, show that they were already registered/updated weeks ago. Can anyone give some advice, maybe hint at some strategy to use? I have seen countless posts here about this tool being a worthless waste of $130, maybe one kind soul can shed some light on its usefulness, and by that I mean actually suggest something!?

Thanks.

"What are you talking About !! I've found ton's of awesome names XXX-X,XXX" = Not a helpful response :happy:
 
It seems one thing drt is good for is spamming. I receive countless form emails from people using drt to harvest the public whois and then solicit low ball or mass generic offers. :mad2:

-Joe
 
Domain Research Tool: Everything that is worth more than $3 is taken. Anything with more than 300 backlinks is taken. Any website with a PR higher than 3 is taken, and those that are higher are all Fake PR. Anything with an overture rating is taken. You can scan lists of names that are due to drop in a week and everything is still taken. Are the lists with DRT pre-scanned before they are released? I mean, the list entitled "due to drop tomorrow", for example: All of the names with any value, when scanned, show that they were already registered/updated weeks ago. Can anyone give some advice, maybe hint at some strategy to use? I have seen countless posts here about this tool being a worthless waste of $130, maybe one kind soul can shed some light on its usefulness, and by that I mean actually suggest something!?

Thanks.

"What are you talking About !! I've found ton's of awesome names XXX-X,XXX" = Not a helpful response :happy:

I think a lot of people expect to buy my tool, and then instantly get rich.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. A little bit of work, time and patience is required to start making money, and many people lack that.

One thing I've been telling my customers for a long time is this... Avoid drops. When you dig through the drops you're basically digging through garbage, here is why:

1. Almost everything, with stats or without is "Tasted" by the big guns, so any domain dropping today, tomorrow, whenever is likely to be picked up by one of the tasting companies or registrars, who pickup 10k-20k domains at a TIME for testing, then the crap they drop, and anything with any type of traffic they keep. Unless you're working with about $500k in "tasting" money, there is no point in digging through the garbage pile.

2. Auctions are the same way. The big corporations who now joined the game have multi-million dollar budgets. They will drive the auction prices through the roof because to them $10k is nothing.

3. Stick to things that not a lot of people are doing, like

- Buying domains directly from the owners. Domains in RGP/Hold are a good source because a lot of the time the owners are willing to part with them cheap. Once you find some domains, do some research, lookup the whois history on whois.sc for domains that no longer have whois records.

- Go after ccTLDs. There are plenty of quality .co.uk, .de, .nl domains still not being put to use. DRT can help you scan raw lists for unusued domains (not parked, not resolving) to figure out what to go after.

There are a few other approaches but I do not post those in public forums. All of my customers know I'm very helpful via e-mail.

Finally, it's true, there are people making 6 figures with my software and there are people making nothing. Do something different, don't follow what everyone else is doing.

I'm always here to help my customers, [email protected] or PM me here.

Best Regards,
Luc L.
 
The domain Traffic-Giant.com, which was the reverse DNS of the server where a lot of the offers were coming through, expired and is now in RGP:

http://whois.domaintools.com/traffic-giant.com

It was useful seeing the offers coming through that server, as I knew I could ignore the emails when I saw that server in the headers.
 
Anyone want the DRT tool? I don't use mine at all. I can sell to you.
 
Anyone want the DRT tool? I don't use mine at all. I can sell to you.

No. You cannot sell your license. It is not transferable.

George. Thanks for the heads up. Users can also use their own e-mail servers as well as gmail.
 
Thanks for the response, Luc. I don't want it to seem like I was bashing your product, I was just looking for an explanation :becky:

-DS
 
Thanks for the response, Luc. I don't want it to seem like I was bashing your product, I was just looking for an explanation :becky:

-DS

No problemo. I know it can get kinda irritating with all the big players picking up virtually everything from the drop. Luckily, plenty of of other ways to make money still remain. I'm always happy to point my customers in the right direction, though I usually prefer not to disclose any specifics in the forums so I don't create competition for others.

Thanks,
Luc L.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom