• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

what is your biggest mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
selling my Norton 850 Commando
 
not starting domaining like 5 years ago :disappointed:
 
letting Britain2012.com and England2012.net drop weeks before the Olympic decision (thought NY would get it and had some NY names)

not getting more .ca names at the landrush, like popular two word combos, etc., but didn't know about overture/goto scores at the time

taking a break from domaining from around 2001 to 2004

and the usual, not seeing the potential of domains in the 90's, etc.
 
not investing in generics when i got online in 98.
 
Thinking sportscardsnstuff.com was a cool domain name for my sports cards sales business in 2001, paying a $100 for it or whatever it was, and then re registering it just for nostalgia sake in 06, buying case loads of golf cards that no one cares about......I could go on. But I wont dwell on the past..:disappointed:
 
I don't have many mistakes in life, but in domaining, I probably should've held onto a few domains to get a higher offer, but I sold to cheap.
 
Selling a forum I had put in 2 years of real hard work when it was on verge of being a big success. The new owner made a killing. Lesson learnt and moved on.
 
Losing a WIPO hearing to a foreign company for a LAST NAME!!! And not continuing it in US Fed Court.
 
Where to start?:uhoh:

Believing other people would do the work they said they would do, and paying for it up front! :upset:

Not going full-time domaining earlier! :sigh2:

Not sleeping enough! :asleep:

Thinking my bank manager would know what a domain name is! :?:
 
i make mistakes all the time ...but thats how i learn ..
 
I have no regrets, but my husband has one; Not investing in Microsoft stock in the days when he bought his 286 computer.
 
Chatting once in a forum about a domain I sold, only to have all the chatters start emailing the buyer their domain lists ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom