• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What music inspires you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,020
Reaction score
70
Hi,

I'm a designer, developer, marketer and part-time domainer. Music is a big part of where I draw my inspiration from and get my creative juices flowing.

I'm curious (and thought you might be too) if our domainer/developer friends also draw at least some of their fuel from music. So...

What music do you listen to to get your juices going?

In my case, here's what I listen to:

LOUD: King Crimson (just picked up USA live remastered, it is mind blowing), Peter Gabriel, YES

RELAXING: The best of chill out or lounge, ie Cafe Del Mar and Zero 7.

What about you?
 
I mostly listen to trance....

is the one u are stating above really good? and worth the spending money?
 
Hi,

I'm a designer, developer, marketer and part-time domainer. Music is a big part of where I draw my inspiration from and get my creative juices flowing.

I'm curious (and thought you might be too) if our domainer/developer friends also draw at least some of their fuel from music. So...

What music do you listen to to get your juices going?

In my case, here's what I listen to:

LOUD: King Crimson (just picked up USA live remastered, it is mind blowing), Peter Gabriel, YES

RELAXING: The best of chill out or lounge, ie Cafe Del Mar and Zero 7.

What about you?

Yeah, King Crimson - Discipline, weird, heavy and chill all at the same time :)

Relaxing, try Thievery Corporation or Tricky from Massive Attack if you like trip hoppy chill stuff
 
I only state music I am willing to spend my money on (and did), not download. I highly recommend anything above.

I should add emphatically: Liquid Tension Experiment (if you like it loud and heavy)
 
I only state music I am willing to spend my money on (and did), not download. I highly recommend anything above.

who said anything about downloading??
 
Download is a way of life for anyone online. Isn't it? We take more care and selection when buying music outside. Don't we? I know I am very careful and want to buy music I won't get tired off.

Just to clarify: there is legal and illegal downloading. Not all download is illegal.

Listen up kids:

Get King Crimson USA. Once you hear "21st Century Schizoid Man" you will never be the same.
 
Quite eclectic here: Classical, JJ Cale (esp. last couple of weeks), Worship, Rock, 60's, 50's, early 80's, 70's, country, Motown, Alison Kraus, Doobies, Boz Scaggs, Hymns, Earth Wind and Fire, Wynonna Judd, Commodores, Pink Floyd, Bonnie Raitt, .... and more.
 
Quite eclectic here: Classical, JJ Cale (esp. last couple of weeks), Worship, Rock, 60's, 50's, early 80's, 70's, country, Motown, Alison Kraus, Doobies, Boz Scaggs, Hymns, Earth Wind and Fire, Wynonna Judd, Commodores, Pink Floyd, Bonnie Raitt, .... and more.

I love JJ Cale
 
Quite eclectic here: Classical, JJ Cale (esp. last couple of weeks), Worship, Rock, 60's, 50's, early 80's, 70's, country, Motown, Alison Kraus, Doobies, Boz Scaggs, Hymns, Earth Wind and Fire, Wynonna Judd, Commodores, Pink Floyd, Bonnie Raitt, .... and more.

That truly is eclectic: Pink Floyd to Bonnie Raitt and Motown.

Do you also own an eclectic mix of domain names?
 
www.qotsa.com

Queens of the Stone Age

Best rock band of the last 10 years. Period.
 
Yea. I was thinking about that when I was trying to tick through all the music I've listened to in the last week. My domains are all over the place: electronics, medical, insurance, loans, sports, bars, Christian, kids stuff, legal, garden, etc. Makes sense, now, doesn't it? Nobody can accuse me of being one dimensional, ..... but perhaps diffused and confused? hahahhaa

By the way, JJ Cale has GOT to get on "House" as the episode's backdrop-of-the-week music sometime. There are at least 3 on the collections album that are so perfect for him, with Lies, Lies, Lies, (with his mantra "everybody lies") being the most obvious.
 
I listen a lot type of music...but in the top of my list of preference...Kiss
 
Laurie Anderson
Brian Eno
Michael Brook
Peter Nooten
Gus Gus
This Mortal Coil
Dead Can Dance
Aphex Twin
Zend Avesta
Goldfrapp
Underworld
Kid Loco
King Crimson
Kronos Quartet
Carbon Based Lifeforms
"Heat" Soundtrack
"Traffic" Soundtrack
"The Pledge" Soundtrack
entire Chill Out
entire Trip Hop
Ambient (no New Age)
 
- Earth Wind and Fire.
- Various Dancehall Reggae, Roots Reggae, Rebel Music.
- R&B such as Anthony Hamilton, Lyfe Jennings, Gerald Levert[rip], The OJ's
- Sting
- Eric Clapton

etc etc
 
Personally, I am a huge Pearl Jam fan... I also like a lot of classic rock... For more modern stuff I also like Zero 7 and some of that kind of music...

Another really cool artist you may want to listen to is Esthero...
 
VH1 Classic- absolutely NONE of today's hottest hits
 
who are the best DJ's for trance music? if you know of more...let me know..
 
Funny how as you get older you go from the FM side of the radio to the AM side of the radio. I used to buy a lot of music. I have been inspired to buy exactly one CD in the last 10 years...The Killers first album.
 
who are the best DJ's for trance music? if you know of more...let me know..

Depends on what style of trance your into... uplifting, hard trance, psy trance, etc. Theres Tiesto, Paul Oakenfield, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Bureen, Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, to name a few. Most of the top DJ's listed at thedjlist.com are trance DJ's. For chillout type stuff Armin and Above & Beyond you should like. Ferry played at HomeNightClub@Sydney the other week but I missed his set :veryangry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom