• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What rights does a technical/admin contact have

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkus

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
490
Reaction score
1
All,

Currently I'm in a situation where I'm listed as the admin/technical contact for a domain but I don't have access to the account. The domain is locked by the registrar and the owner is no where to be found. According to ICANN rules I'm allowed to transfer the domain out however the registrar is refusing to unlock the domain (however they convienantly notify me that I can renew the domain without the account info). So basically they are telling me I either have to renew with them and can't do anything else.

Thoughts/Opinions/Help?
 
What registrar is this? You should be able to modify DNS, whois privacy, forwarding, etc, but I don't think you can transfer out. Is it actually your domain? Or is somebody else listed as the owner/registrant.

If so, just have them do the transfer request. :-)
 
The domain is registered at register.com, I don't know where the regitrant is but I'm listed as the administrative and technical contact.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom