Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed What should I do with this one?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the idea of buying expired domains and reselling them. After coming here it looked to be a lot of fun and sometimes a profitable investment. So I had my first look at DeletedDomains.com today, and I came across an unusual word that I'd seen posted many times on Usenet before - dejagoo.

Impulsively, I registered the .com not knowing the real meaning behind the word. Upon researching it this evening I found out that it was sort of a hybrid of Deja News and Google. :sad:

So, sadly, it's not some neat "web slang" that anyone would want to own, but I'm only out 8.95. Any idea what I could do with it? Or would it only cause trouble if I used it since it might be associated with Google?

Domain summit 2024

i think it's pretty safe to market the name 4sale.
it does not have the word google in it.. nor does it
look like a 'copy' of google.

it's a cool sniglet..

and it's a word that 'grows' on ya.. the more ya say it.

to your advantage, that it's a word you've seen posted
on UseNet's...

run with the ball! it's a cool name!

I am not surprised; I was a fan of the british pop group Kajagoogoo. But here in the US they shortened it to "Kaja". :D

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised; I was a fan of the british pop group Kajagoogoo

Time,

You have returned me to my youth. I loved them. I do confess I have every record Duran Duran ever recorded

:laugh:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey,
as a keyboarder i once played with Nick Beggs from Kajagogoo - he is an awesome bass/stick player!
My 15 min fame :D

Hey.. i held the sheet music for "Dolly Pardon" at the
Bufford 'T' county fair...

almost infamous.. i did a good job.. didn't drop the sheet
music but 3 times.

j/k.. j/k.. j/k
wow.. this is all like dejavoo

Originally posted by simone
I am not surprised; I was a fan of the british pop group Kajagoogoo

Time,

You have returned me to my youth. I loved them. I do confess I have every record Duran Duran ever recorded

:laugh:

:D:D:D You are not the only one. BTW are you from the UK or the USA?

I am definitely an 80's guy :D

Originally posted by beatz
Hey,
as a keyboarder i once played with Nick Beggs from Kajagogoo - he is an awesome bass/stick player!
My 15 min fame :D

Wow congrats! That's awesome - for a fan, as most people today would not know who the heck Kajagoogoo or Limahl were :D

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are not the only one. BTW are you from the UK or the USA?
I am definitely an 80's guy

Time,

I'm a USA 80's gal - loved the 80's music, am a big fan of UK music in general. Email me sometime - we can compare record collections, they just dont sound the same on CD

:)

Love your 15 minutes of fame Beatz, the closest I ever came to fame was catching Jack Sonny's guitar pick thrown out in the crowd during a Dire Straits concert. I still have it !!! :)

Whoah!
My best moment was attending the "Rock in Athens" concert in July of 1985, with Depeche Mode, Clash, Stranglers, Talk Talk, Boy George (LOL) in an unbelievable setting: Classic Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece (where the first modern Olympics were also held in 1896). Hot weather and lots of great music.

Other than that, I've been to a Gary Numan show in London in 1992, where my girlfriend of that time got to kiss Gary LOL

Speaking of Depeche Mode, I have PERSONALJESUS.COM :D

Also, Simone, here's an ad for 'Rock in Athens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators