• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What will the next big tld be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$$$

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
What will the next big tld be? Im not asking for a country tld. Ex.



.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz


Any news on anything comming out?
 
.travel is coming I think
 
i wouldnt be surprised if something like .world , .internet , .girls , .boy and etc
 
i dont think there will be a next big tld ! they come and try but do not succeed like .biz
 
.eu, i guess europe is going to promote it heavily, it will be like their .com
 
droplister said:
.eu, i guess europe is going to promote it heavily, it will be like their .com

I don't agree with that, there are too many speculators gathering iffy TM's and taking every premium name in sight, come landrush there will be little/no decent names available and .eu won't be held by anyone but domain speculators.

For this reason the takeup and useage of .eu will be slow and painful, I still think the respective and already established ccTLD's for each country within the EU will be favoured by the masses.

The implentation of .eu by EurID hasn't been too good IMO.
 
J2theIZZO said:
I don't agree with that, there are too many speculators gathering iffy TM's and taking every premium name in sight, come landrush there will be little/no decent names available and .eu won't be held by anyone but domain speculators.

For this reason the takeup and useage of .eu will be slow and painful, I still think the respective and already established ccTLD's for each country within the EU will be favoured by the masses.

The implentation of .eu by EurID hasn't been too good IMO.
I didnt mean premium generic terms, .eu in general is more what i meant. You can argue that all the premium .coms are taken, but people still register.com after .com. Domainers are just mad because they cant get a good .eu for registration fee, oh well, there are still plenty of europeans and small businesses that can register .eu for themselves. And i think that .eu will only help the other european cctlds.
A company registers domain.eu, and then goes on to register .de .co.uk .es .fr all those to protect their brand.

This is not a "lets go back and forth and see who gets the last word" so this will be my last response to any argument.
 
I don't see that much value in .eu domains. Mainly because the EU is far from one. Nobody in Europe will call themselves an "European".
There is no such thing as an European identity.
 
I think in the future names/extensions are going to be less important, its how you market a site, seo, brand awareness and so on.

Very few people type in site names unless they know it, its all done via search engines, so it makes little difference what .extension you use.
 
droplister said:
I didnt mean premium generic terms, .eu in general is more what i meant. You can argue that all the premium .coms are taken, but people still register.com after .com. Domainers are just mad because they cant get a good .eu for registration fee, oh well, there are still plenty of europeans and small businesses that can register .eu for themselves. And i think that .eu will only help the other european cctlds.
A company registers domain.eu, and then goes on to register .de .co.uk .es .fr all those to protect their brand.

This is not a "lets go back and forth and see who gets the last word" so this will be my last response to any argument.

I wasn't trying to have an argument, just pointing out that I disagree with your point of view.

We will have to see how .eu fairs, the point i'm trying to make is that most companies prefer to use their ccTLD than a .eu name, fair enough people may register the .eu and forward it to their ccTLD but that doesn't mean the TLD is getting any use at all or being hammered into the minds of people as ccTLD's have done for a long time now.

In quite a few cases the .co.uk is taken before the .com in the UK, and even though the UK is part of the EU I've certainly never refered to myself as European.

I see .eu being a sort of "If the major gTLD's and my own ccTLD are both taken then I may consider it" type domain.

Pim(P) said:
I don't see that much value in .eu domains. Mainly because the EU is far from one. Nobody in Europe will call themselves an "European".
There is no such thing as an European identity.

Exactly!
 
.dnforum then

about .eu, oh dont you worry, the generics will go with time, for thoose who need them.

Think .eu will be seen a around a lot on advertising banners for companies in the future.
 
I think it will be .in :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba
 
.eu will certainly be something to look forward to
 
.XXX

If and when it finally comes to fruition.
 
Might be a good idea to update your footer here IMO :
Copyright 2005 :-)
 

Has ICANN sent you a reply to your submission of this?

(You are the soon-to-be owner of this soon-to-be TLD if im not mistaken)
 
I would think .xxx, just because it would cleary define such a large industry
 
Still one or two choice .eu dns out there.I just registered a doozy;
couldn't *****ing believe it wasn't taken.Sadly GD don't give privacy for
.eu so I can't share.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom