• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's considered a "Crap Domain" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDame

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
I know this forum is full of experienced domainers. So, I'd like to know what type of domains one should stay away from.

What exactly are crap domains? I know everyone's perspective will be different on this...but I'd like to know anyway.

Thanks
 
poop.com, dump.com just to name a few....
 
LLL.com OR NNN.COM
 
I would kill to own crap.com, poop.com, and dump.com


But honeslty, a crap domain would be something like GeorgeBush.com

(This message was brought to you by a proud Independent and does not necesarily reflect the views of this forum but of most Americans.)
 
99.99% of all domains are crap anyway.
 
i have <edited> if anyone wants but i think crappy names have a lot of hyphens and numbers...
 
I think it is harder to describe crap domains than to describe good domains,
good domains get traffic even small if category is right maybe 2 or 3 visitors a week, generic memorable 2 or 3 worders,It is important to get names with traffic so you can grow your empire as your bottom line increases, dont reg 100,s of made up names because you will probably end up letting them drop and lose money. Try and get names that match how people talk/write and have good overture. crap name ashestray.com good name ashtray.com
TM-crap, generic-good
 
I've never run into such a domain. If worth registering, then worth at least reg fee imo.


:noidea:






.
 
Unless the name has a business and advertising plan in the works behind it...

Any name that cost you more to own then it earns is crap.


but the market is bullish right now and people are picking up all sorts of name that "could" have value later.

*wanders off rambling about one man's trash is another man's treasure*
 
cursal said:
Unless the name has a business and advertising plan in the works behind it...

Any name that cost you more to own then it earns is crap.



I have a few names I keep that earn nothing that are mememorable 2 worders, holding out for right endusers, while they earn nothing a couple i was offered over 1k for but still refuse to sell, there arent that many commonly used terms that are short that are stil available
 
Very simple, if your name ends in .cc (or some other random country code no one likes) its probably crap :-)
 
DomainDame said:
I know this forum is full of experienced domainers. So, I'd like to know what type of domains one should stay away from.

What exactly are crap domains? I know everyone's perspective will be different on this...but I'd like to know anyway.

Thanks

One's you can't sell :) Sorry I just had to, lol.
 
1. Domains that one would try to dump off in every single domain wanted thread.

2. Domains that you have to spruce up the way it looks

3. Any domain that you have to write in ALL CAPS ^ L00K.com with 2 number 0 in the middle etc.

4. ULTIMATE RARE FABULOUS PREMIUM domains that you'd sell for $20

5. Dictionary words that members of Mensa look at & ask "What's this mean?"

6. Combos that don't make sense & you slap forum afterwards - WeightLossIceCreamForum.com

7. New technology that has come out that you found out about late & decided to grab something & slap "Forum" at the end - wiiWirelessRemoteForum.com

8. Things that make sense by itself for commercial value & you decide to randomly slap "forum" at the end... CornerStoreForum.com looking for offers starting in the mid X,XXX paypal accepted...

:peace:
 
GT Web said:
Very simple, if your name ends in .cc (or some other random country code no one likes) its probably crap :-)


Like all the .ca domains :P
 
fatter said:
cursal said:
Unless the name has a business and advertising plan in the works behind it...

Any name that cost you more to own then it earns is crap.



I have a few names I keep that earn nothing that are mememorable 2 worders, holding out for right endusers, while they earn nothing a couple i was offered over 1k for but still refuse to sell, there arent that many commonly used terms that are short that are stil available


Sounds like you have a plan for the name and have been advertising it too :-)
 
Here are some examples:

superfreeweb-hosting1.info = crap domain
trademark-of-google.com = crap domain, that'll also land you in crap
play-pokeronlinenow4free.org = crap domain
my-nintendo-wii.name = crap domain, like most (not all) wii domains
lettuceforum.com = crap domaim

You should get the idea.
 
nts said:
Here are some examples:

my-nintendo-wii.name = crap domain, like most (not all) wii domains
lettuceforum.com = crap domaim

You should get the idea.

While I agree there are literally hundreds of HORRIBLE WII names currently for sale, how can you say lettuceforum.com is a crap domain? We all eat lettuce - in salads, on burgers, why wouldn't everyone want to talk on a message board all about the world's most exciting vegetable - lettuce?

:wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom