• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's considered a "Crap Domain" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT Web said:
Very simple, if your name ends in .cc (or some other random country code no one likes) its probably crap :-)
Agreed so true :) lol
 
when 2 seconds after you bought that domain you think..duuuuh
 
always keep in mind though all the good advice:

what may be crap today may be gold tommorrow.....:rockon:
 
cursal said:
fatter said:
Sounds like you have a plan for the name and have been advertising it too :-)


no plan or advertsing other than to sell for a decent amount, just parked and for sale at sedo
 
GT Web said:
While I agree there are literally hundreds of HORRIBLE WII names currently for sale, how can you say lettuceforum.com is a crap domain? We all eat lettuce - in salads, on burgers, why wouldn't everyone want to talk on a message board all about the world's most exciting vegetable - lettuce?

:wink:


I <3 Lettuce
 
nts said:
Here are some examples:

superfreeweb-hosting1.info = crap domain
trademark-of-google.com = crap domain, that'll also land you in crap
play-pokeronlinenow4free.org = crap domain
my-nintendo-wii.name = crap domain, like most (not all) wii domains
lettuceforum.com = crap domaim

You should get the idea.
While that may be true, even crap names, with good keywords (IE keywords that have high ovt) can be optimised and earn their reg fee.
 
Alrighty.... see, I knew everyone would have an opinion....:cheeky:

Hmmm...seems like half my current portfolio is crappy domains. It seems I have to re-shape how I pick domain names. I've been collecting the keyword-hypen-with guide on the end domains for the purpose of adsense sites.

Coming to DNF puts such a different perspective on domain names than what I've been told/taught in the past. I wonder if there's a "Rate Your Domain Name" script out there. Ya know..one that will rate your domain from 1 - 10.

1 = What-The-****-Were-You-Thinking.com

vs

10= Fabulous.com

:ohwell:
 
Olney said:
3. Any domain that you have to write in ALL CAPS ^ L00K.com with 2 number 0 in the middle etc.

Oh crap! Does that mean my s0ld.com (thx tippy) and ForSaleBy0wner.com are crap?
Buy seriously, is DomainersForum.com crap?
Back to the drawing board...
 
most of those high paying keywords people choose to register dot info domains
eg 222mesotheloma.info, 22mesothelioma.info etc. judging such a name you may guess who the hell would ever by any chance type such a url!!!
 
Abraham said:
most of those high paying keywords people choose to register dot info domains
eg 222mesotheloma.info, 22mesothelioma.info etc. judging such a name you may guess who the hell would ever by any chance type such a url!!!

They actually aren't crap.

.info's are darn cheap these days, pick up a bunch of $2 domains with lots of keywords and give them some decent content and SEO and you can easily make your $2 back...usually within a week or two.

I agree, they aren't great for reselling, but if you know how to develop lots of sites quickly these cheap .info names filled with keywords are perfect.
 
DeluxeNames.com said:
Oh crap! Does that mean my s0ld.com (thx tippy) and ForSaleBy0wner.com are crap?
Buy seriously, is DomainersForum.com crap?
Back to the drawing board...


what a small domain world, i let f0rsaleby0wner.com expire a couple years ago
 
fatter said:
what a small domain world, i let f0rsaleby0wner.com expire a couple years ago

Sometimes I think that 90% of the domains are owned by us here on DNforum and the demand we think is out there is all artificial, that it's just all us making offers to each other and driving up the prices, LOL. It's just one big circle of rotating domains.

My theory is that THERE IS NO ENDUSERS. They are a figmant of our imaginations!

Just today I emailed an offer on a domain and the guy wrote back and said give me a call and I did and, what do you know! It was DaddyHalbucks! It was like, oh, yeah I know you from the forum.

If half of us gave up domians, the Bottem on the market would fall out.
 
According to the sales at Sedo and others, there were a lot of people that buyed %u00B4crap%u00B4 domains....but after a few years those crap domains were multimillon dollar machines.

The best example is the .co.uk domain (i dont remember the strange name) that was aquired for millons of sterlings a few weeks ago...and also the ForSaleBy0wner.com case.
 
ColdGin said:
ForSaleBy0wner.com case.

Huh? Fill me in on the ForSaleBy0wner.com case as I own that and I sure didn't make much one it w/ Sedo or parking or anything.

Do you mean ForSaleByOwner.com?
 
Sorry....I meant those like yours with a lot of words that got from 10k to 100k.

MyPremiereCreditCard.com $20,000

ReadySetRead.com $25,250

FreeCellPhone.com $61,419

PasadenaRealEstate.com $44,187

GolfClubReview.com $55,350
 
Anything you wouldnt buy for over reg fee
 
The most hideous and moronic of all "crap" domains is anything (in any extension) that has the number "0" for the letter "O". That's the permanent stink marker of all domaining. :lol:
 
Did anyone mention domains that you are forced to spell out over the phone? eg meet dot com or meat dot com. Those two are probably not exactly crap but hopefully you know what I mean.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom