• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's considered a "Crap Domain" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best word I can find to describe a crap domain is "contrived". When your first three choices are taken and you have to really start thinking creatively to come up with something that's available, what you come up with will fit the definition of a crap domain.
 
I have a typo name that I reged, blooger.org, and made a small site, in around a year I had made 24.00 from that typo. Not all such names will do that well, and most will not earn a parking revenue, but they well make money if you make a site for them.
 
I think there is nothing called crap domain IMHO.. any name can be branded and developed.. just imagine what on earth does Google means ? This term has become so popular that it may even loose it's trademark lol..

I guess a horrible name would be like using SEX.com for a Primary School website LMFAO!!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba
 
cooljeba said:
I think there is nothing called crap domain IMHO.. any name can be branded and developed.. just imagine what on earth does Google means ? This term has become so popular that it may even loose it's trademark lol..

I guess a horrible name would be like using SEX.com for a Primary School website LMFAO!!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba


Heard on the news last week that google has now been added to the English Dictionary. People use the term "google it" so often it was chosen to be part of the language...so it has an official meaning now

see here and peek in a 2006 English Dictionary when you get a chance

It's CRAZY :biggrin:
 
But googles not a crap name. Google was developed with a plan. They only needed the name to be memorable and have the ability to one day be associated with looking something up. The rest would come from marketing.

crap names are housingloaners.net instead of homeloans.com
or mortgagerefisite.com for, well, homeloans.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom