Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Whats DNF Dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Ah, I did a little changing up, now the little 'point' system will work with little images, clcik on it and it will pop up your 'point' total. (more of the small images show up as you gain more of the points.)

To get the points, you can post, and reply = the 2 most common ways. And there is also another way, starting a thread and getting a certain amount of views or reply's. For example, you start a thread which gets 5 replies, and you get 5 'points'. 10 replies, 10 points, etc., and same kind of thing for views.

It's nothing too important yet ;)

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

cool, you make it so that points count towards like a free domain name or something *hint* *hint* ;)

Maybe you could get some advertisers on this place, and then set that up, like every 300 points = 1 free domain name!

Jim

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that sort of stuff :) Also, for the advertising I was thinking about that too, just maybe a little further down the road when the site expands even more, should be soon. :cool:

But yea, good idea :D

J

jimb

it would be pretty easy to do something like that. You know, purchasing like 50 domains upfront, then handing them out to people who have racked up alot of post points.

If you were to purchase 50 upfront, you could probably get them for like $8.00 - $6.00, then just get a special, private label from a registrar, so people can manage domains right from here.

Or maybe even do a lottery system, where 1 point = 1 entry and then draw one winner each week or something along those lines.

Jim

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
very nice ideas.. I'll be thinking about these this week and hopefully get something done soon. :)

darren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ha.. I'm up for it too.. hopes this post count.. :D

Okay, the system of those points will probably be removed, and we will probably be switching to the "DN Points" system, where those points are earned can be used to purchase entry tickets into contests that we may have.:)

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I might be holding up the contest thing for a few days/weeks. I'll let you all know more information on the contests a little later.

J

jimb

Originally posted by DirectPixel
...any idea of what the prizes would be?:D

Domain Names (credits), T-Shirts, MousePads, Real Money ($$$), etc.

Just a few ideas :)

Jim

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats DNF Dollars?

Read on the history of DNF$....

I like it...

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
:) Bringing back old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators