Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's with the 2004 traffic levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
graph

Why is DNF at 2004 traffic levels. Does anyone have any constructive opinion?

My opinion is that some people here have a need to attack others with different viewpoints and investments. That turns off observers who go elsewhere or just leave the forum venue altogether. Based on the timing and what my little view of the world, it looks to correlate to the ill will toward the new .mobi extension. Maybe that is a bit simple. What is your view?

Upvote 0

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, for one natural traffic patterns and also people spend MORE time on this site per session maybe and less repeat visits which would boost the numbers I'm thinking..

Domain Summit 2024

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, Focus. Is there any data here that would support that view. Because if that is the case, page views would be rising instead of lock-step with traffic and rank.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
After you poisoned several threads with your crap, you have the audacity to ask us to play nice while you post stats the way that you find most suitable.

Here are some comparative stats showing all 3 major domain forums that show similar spikes across the board. And incidentally this Alexa chart is not here so that you will change your abusive point of view, its put here so that others can see that you're simply trolling and stirring up trouble.

And finally, if you don't like it here and you continue bashing DNF six days from Sunday, why are you still visiting this forum?

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have the audacity to claim someone poisons and trolls threads! You! Ha! That's rich, man! I don't have to post to see how you treat other members here...You think I've only been on this forum the times I post? You think the others that may have left posted to say they were leaving too?

You only call it poison crap because you disagree with it and don't have a rational counterpoint. Say something!

Your chart is only of DNF, not other forums. But even if the other forums do correspond with DNF, what is your counterpoint? What is your theory? What do you want to say in answer to my theory? What is your antithesis?

I am here to get my bad money's worth. That's why. I was told to deal with it when I was bounced around in a .mobi thread so I say the same to you now. Stand up and answer my claim. If it's valid and reasonable and a better explanation than my theory that people like you are driving others away from DNF and the forum venue, then believe it when I say I will tell you you are right. But prove something other than my point.

After you poisoned several threads with your crap, you have the audacity to ask us to play nice while you post stats the way that you find most suitable.

Here are some comparative stats showing all 3 major domain forums that show similar spikes across the board. And incidentally this Alexa chart is not here so that you will change your abusive point of view, its put here so that others can see that you're simply trolling and stirring up trouble.

And finally, if you don't like it here and you continue bashing DNF six days from Sunday, why are you still visiting this forum?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, Focus. Is there any data here that would support that view. Because if that is the case, page views would be rising instead of lock-step with traffic and rank.

I would first like to know where the data is to support your view? You are afterall the thread starter putting forth this theory.

Also, I will ask this again, when is the approximate date of these .mobi bashings?....I missed out on them.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Alexa graph (which acroplex even tried to use in a counterpoint) along with the timing of the land rush 9/26/06 and the rest of Q4 was when the first rounds of bashing started. It has continued insistently ever since. Hence the downward trend according to my theory.

I know you'd like to have that graph thrown out of evidence, as you have repeated said, but it is simply the most credible, unbiased, and statistically accurate, historical piece of traffic information there is aside from other independent stats on DNF, et. al.

If you continue you to attack the credibility of Alexa, I fear you will come off looking foolish. If you have a more credible source of unbiased web statistics, please share. Otherwise, move on with your counterpoint. Unless your counterpoint is to continue asking me to restate my point. :lol:

I would first like to know where the data is to support your view? You are afterall the thread starter putting forth this theory.

Also, I will ask this again, when is the approximate date of these .mobi bashings?....I missed out on them.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dnf users are just internet savvy and probably don't have the Alexa Toolbar installed, which is how Alexa generates rankings to begin with. It's hardly an accurate estimate of how much traffic a site actually receives.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally a response worthy of exploring.

Questions:
Do you have any idea what percentage of internet users have the Alexa toolbar?

Is there a way to uninstall it? I'm a savvy enough surfer yet I haven't contemplated removing, or even looking for, the Alexa toolbar.

Thanks!

[edit]
hmmm...thinking about it. What would you attribute the previous highs in traffic to then? Did DNF users become savvy while here and then remove the Alexa feature?
[/edit]

Dnf users are just internet savvy and probably don't have the Alexa Toolbar installed, which is how Alexa generates rankings to begin with. It's hardly an accurate estimate of how much traffic a site actually receives.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Come again?

The chart contains 3 separate colored charts. Unless you are color blind.

My offer stands. For $75 you will uninstall yourself from this forum.

Make your last post here and payment will be sent pronto. You have no credibility left, at least take the money and go.

alexa3.jpg

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I PM'd you my paypal address. I mean what I say.

I do have my credibility and my argument intact. I won't say anymore for fear you'll back out of your offer out of spite.

Come again?

The chart contains 3 separate colored charts. Unless you are color blind.

My offer stands. For $75 you will uninstall yourself from this forum.

Make your last post here and payment will be sent pronto. You have no credibility left, at least take the money and go.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I PM'd you my paypal address. I mean what I say.

I do have my credibility and my argument intact. I won't say anymore for fear you'll back out of your offer out of spite.

I put my money where my mouth is.

Now please exit stage left.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex just bought himself out of the argument. I wish I could say I'm sad to go, but truth be told, I'm grateful.

~bye~

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Whatever you want to call it.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EACH FORUM MAY HAVE ITS OWN SET OF RULES. PLEASE READ ALL STICKIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.

Here are the general forum rules:
The management reserves the right to make judgement calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule.

1. No content that is considered racist, obscene or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.

2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam, and then you must post in this forum: http://dnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167 Your post will be deleted if you cannot back up your claim.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hey, a pleasure. Now let's make this thread a sticky.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you continue you to attack the credibility of Alexa, I fear you will come off looking foolish. If you have a more credible source of unbiased web statistics, please share. Otherwise, move on with your counterpoint. Unless your counterpoint is to continue asking me to restate my point. :lol:

I never once attacked the credibility of Alexa, I don't where you got that from... I'm also not going to "speculate" about the traffic patterns, because I dont know the answer.

I can however tell you that traffic patterns in the domain industry show very similar patterns of traffic, and NOT all are Domain forums, DNJournal for example is NOT a forum and yet look at how similar the pattern is.

Is this because of .mobi bashings to?

dnfdnj.jpg

Looks like I'm too late....darn!

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am waiting to leave...let's make this quick, huh!

EACH FORUM MAY HAVE ITS OWN SET OF RULES. PLEASE READ ALL STICKIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.

The management reserves the right to make judgement calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule.

1. No content that is considered racist, obscene or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.

2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam, and then you must post in this forum: http://dnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167 Your post will be deleted if you cannot back up your claim.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I have several witnesses that you accepted a payment of $75 via Paypal in order to make your last post on DNF.

The screenshot is proof that I kept my end of the bargain.

You have violated this agreement and if you continue making posts I will ENSURE you will get banned on DNForum, NamePros and on every other god damn forum I run across your name.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remove my name from your posts and I am gone. I didn't agree to have you breach my privacy! You took liberty in that. Remove my name from your posts and I will leave. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom