• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's Wrong With My Auctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNportfolio

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Okay, I've posted 2 different auctions this week for multiple domains, open for individual domain bidding and BIN. But no one has posted an offer... or any post at all, for that matter.

Is there something wrong with my auctions?

I see others posting domain names of similar quality and those sellers get all kinds of action. So what's up with that?

I recently bought a $400 domain name from another DNF member and received an iTrade comment. I even posted my member ID at eBay for people to check out my long-term reputation. (I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998 and have 100% positive feedback.)

Can someone please tell me why no one is interested in bidding even $5 for one of my domains? I really don't think they're crappy domains. Are they?

Confused. :huh:
 
in an auction using multible domain names is tough
you have one nice domain name there.
.ws needs strong words like strong.ws or a commercial word that
says buy here or real memorable like hope.ws

I wish you the kind of luck that sells names
 
The boards as far as buyers are concerned have been way down for quite some time. I didn't look at your threads or the names but as a personal example. I've sold 3 names which could have been bought here for a total of $66 in the past week for $450 in the past two days. Moral of the story is just because they don't sell here doesn't mean they wont sell.

A few suggestions. I went to your domain site. I picked a few names and none were listed on either afternic.com, sedo.com, or tdnam.com. Also I visited a couple of parked names. Neither of them had a way for a visitor to contact you. Each of those probably accounts for a nice chunk of sales losses. Just some constructive criticism to consider.
 
Okay, I've posted 2 different auctions this week for multiple domains, open for individual domain bidding and BIN. But no one has posted an offer... or any post at all, for that matter.

Is there something wrong with my auctions?


Yes
They are too complicated . Too much text. Too many names . Too many extensions. Too much explanation.

I see others posting domain names of similar quality and those sellers get all kinds of action. So what's up with that?

Show me an auction of a .ws name that gets action

I recently bought a $400 domain name from another DNF member and received an iTrade comment. I even posted my member ID at eBay for people to check out my long-term reputation. (I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998 and have 100% positive feedback.)

There is nothing to suggest that your reputation is preventing people from buying.

Can someone please tell me why no one is interested in bidding even $5 for one of my domains? I really don't think they're crappy domains. Are they?
Ppl don't want to spend the time readaing about a $5 auction
Some of your names are crap others are pretty good imh
I suggest you list 1 name per day in the for sale forum with a BIN and accept offers in the thread .....just put the price exp date and Registrar. Don't say anything about your reputation or anything else. Of course you could add any extra info you have about the domain

Confused. :huh:
Good Luck
 
:D
mine as well,
they are posted since yesterday!

:D
 
Thank you all for the comments, suggestions and constructive criticism! I'll give it another shot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom