Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WhatsMyName(.)com - High search, highly brandable, 12 years old! Lowest price ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain WhatsMyName.com is for sale.

Had a buyer for this previously but they went MIA, so it's back on the market!

The phrase "What's my name?" has been popularized by songs by Snoop Dogg, DMX and Rihanna and movies like American Pie (one of the most memorable scenes of the movie in fact!).

It's a fun phrase that can be used in a number of ways. Some ideas I've had for it are:

- A "social trivia" site - if you recall the picture rating craze popularized by Hot Or Not, think that but with guessing the person's name. I had other related "What's My" domains for this site idea and had a developer on it in 2005. Unfortunately the developer completely dropped the ball and I never wound up taking it to another.

- A general social media site...I think the phrase lends itself well to social.

- A pop culture site given its prevalence in pop culture

- A humor site given its hilarity in American Pie

- A baby name site, which seem to be getting more prevalent these days

- A domain suggestion site

- Anything else you can think of!

Oh yea, did I say it was aged and highly searched? You bet! Registered since 2000 and Google gives these exact match figures for search:

[what's my name] - 590
[whats my name] - 40500
[what s my name] - 110000 (it seems Google keyword tool doesn't handle apostrophes correctly most of the time)

The importance of that is not so much that you could get search traffic (which you could) but that it's a popular phrase highly in use.

Price: $1,200 $1,000 | High offer currently $750

Payment options include PayPal (if we approve, must have good feedback), Google Checkout (if we approve, must have good feedback), bank wire, Bank of America counter deposit, mailed check/money order, or escrow via Escrow.com (buyer pays escrow fees). Multi-forum post, timestamp determines who gets the domain. Post or PM SOLD with which names you wish to buy. All sales are final.

Last edited:

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price reduced to $1,000, offer of $750 received. This will be sold by the end of the week.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Extending this deal for only 48 hours longer - $1,000 for WhatsMyName.com or we may develop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators