• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

When you have a great idea, the domain tasters appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
It happened to me again. I never win. It happens that all my ideas are taken, some times, for days.
This time, some domains I needed for an idea I have, were taken, just this monday !! Yikes !! I can't believe, just for a few days I could not have this domain.
I now just cross finger and pray God the guys let them guy after 4 days ... I'll try to grab them tomorrow night and friday morning and see if they let them go...
 
The domain i wanted to register had expired, actually pretty worthless (but i wanted it, but didnt backorder it :P). But then too it was grabbed by one of the major domain tasters. Luckily they let it go and i just regged it!
 
Yeah, that's what I hope this time.
I usually have too much carefull with this things, but this time, my entusiasm betrayed me and I visited the page !! ooouchh ! I know I should not visit the page, but somehow I was blocked. I should realize it was a domain taster, but I missed it this time.

I hope they don't keep it because one visit. They were 3 domains, two by the same registrar and one for other.
 
What category names were they?

If the names are reasonable keyword names then 1 unique in 4 days may be considered good enough to keep since there could be more hits down the road and 8/mo seems likely.

Say it gets 100/year (1 almost every 4/days) and a 25% parked CTR, and earns .30c click, that adds up to 25 clicks at .30c each, or $7.50/yr., which is better than reg fee, making the name profitable even with no traffic increase.
 
Yikes, that's what I am worried for.

Name are spanish and lenghty, composed of two keywords. So, I doubt the 0.30c a click. At least I didn't click the ads.
I just hope they don't keep them.
 
Hi

when I get an idea about a domain name that I think is great....

I quickly write it down, then erase it from my mind before the thought of it can float back to space.

cause you know, that's where ideas come from!

:rolleyes:
 
Hi
when I get an idea about a domain name that I think is great....
I quickly write it down, then erase it from my mind before the thought of it can float back to space.
cause you know, that's where ideas come from!
:rolleyes:
In other words you don't register domains when you get ideas anymore? Where's the fun in life :mullet:
 
How about registering it right away instead of writing it down? And don't forget to wear the tinfoil hat ;-)

/Frank
 
That's what I do ! And when I try to register it happen it was registered a month or two ago, or three, anyway it is too few time difference.
But this time it was 3 days ago ! ouchh !
 
Or purchase a Blackberry to register while on the road :greenwink:
I recover many names from the tasters, instead of going to the site, check if the name is available for example using enom. Do not use godaddy, their whois appears not be real-time.
Good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom