• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Where are your manners already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
0
First, let me start by saying I didn't submit a name or don't think I've ever dealt with the example in the topic of this thread. After reading this I never will. This person is being used as an example of being completely unprofessional and rude..

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=117996

I almost replied to this thread but I figured I would make my own and bring this topic into a discussion. People really need to get a grip around here when it comes to making their requests. For one the seller is doing you a favor by sending you names to look at instead of you having to spend hours, days, or weeks even trying to find or come up with one on your own. So in reality the time spent just sending you a name is worth something. Especially when the request is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I'm not sure who pissed in this guys coffee coffee this morning but reading this post made me want to have been the one. An asking price is just that. What the buyer wants for "their" name. It's been seen over and over and over again where names one person might think a name is worth $x and the name has sold for $x,xxx, $xx,xxx, or $xxx,xxx. Who does he think he is? A master domain appraiser?

I do understand that at times people might send names unrelated to the thread startesr topic but in reading this post this is not at all what the thread starter is saying.
 
The problem is that even when buyers are very polite and specific - you still get people who try to pawn their junk domain names off. It forces the buyers to write that to help weed out some of the really dumb people who won't pay too much attention to the request.

Example: "I want one word .COMs related to baseball only please"
"How about GreatFinancing.net? Oh I also have creezle.org."
 
I understnad that. But, in this case this is not what he is referring to. He is talking about people in the sales forum. You don't see people in the wanted forum making offers, bumping threads and making price cuts.
 
Unfortunately, I see that a lot too. A lot of the experienced people have their stuff priced well - but there are a lot who have garbage names and they want XXX for each. Obviously each person can put whatever price they want - it's a free market. But I think harleyx just wanted to rant a bit and what better place then your own thread?
 
It's this person's thread and this person has the right to express how he feels, and if you don't like it don't do business with this person. I don't see the point on making this thread.
 
The whole point here is what the seller wants to sell their name at is their own business. I'm one who is known to list a load of names in the sales forum and bump with reductions often. Some I may even think aren't worth regfee but I can't count the number of $x,xxx sales of names I've had "this year alone" on two hands others might have thought were worthless. Name which could have actually been bought here for $x-$xx.

An example of this would be promdresses.name . I got this name for free. I probably would have given it away for free to if someone didn't buy it from me for $200.

Sarcle said:
It's this person's thread and this person has the right to express how he feels, and if you don't like it don't do business with this person. I don't see the point on making this thread.

It's not just this person. You see it in the requests forum over and over. The funny thing is the majority of the people making requests. You never see their trader rating increase. They make these posts. "I have 1,000,000 dollars to buy 100,000 3 letter .com's." For one this order could never be filled and two it's all show...

I know I'm not the only one who has seen it because I talked with someone else who said they quit replying to the wanted threads themselves because it was just a bunch of window shoppers.
 
Your right, but what is the point in calling one person out?
 
Sorry about his luck I guess. Wrong place at the wrong time.
 
I highly agree with you NameMogul ... I saw that thread right when it came out and it downright pissed me off. I wanted to reply SOO BADLY, and it wouldn't have been a "professional reply" either. Instead I thought better of it and just closed out of his thread.

The thread starter came off very rude to me as well and I'll just leave it at that.

Dave
 
If you dont like his methods, then don't offer him one of your names, simple as that. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.
 
This is just an example of one. Many others need to reconsider their requests. Think about what you are asking for before you post. Most likely if you can't find it then it cant be found. And if you do make a request expect to pay 5x more than you would have if you found it on your own.
 
GT Web said:
If you dont like his methods, then don't offer him one of your names, simple as that. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

I'm going to agree, nobody is forcing you to post in his thread, if you don't like his tactics don't respond.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom