• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Where do you stand on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,623
Reaction score
29
What's your ethical standpoint on this ?

I bought a name at TDNAM that is very similar to a relatives, on my wifes side - same surname and very similar sounding first name.

It caught my eye because of the name - it had a traffic figure of about 900 - no-one had bid and there was only about 5 mins left, so I bid and won it for $30 plus renewal.

Anyway, it does get that kind of traffic (for the time being) so I thought about trying to optimize it.

It's a female name, so, adult right?

Now personally, I have no problem doing this, in fact I think it's a bit of a laugh, bearing in mind the relative. But I know if I told the wife, she'd wouldn't see it quite the same (it's her mother)....

So, do you think I should change it - keep it - redirect it to a fully blown gonzo site ?:lol:
 
go adult..if she bitches...divorce her.

just kidding, just dont tell her.
 
I reg'd my ex bosses full correct name and pointed it to farms*x.com for a long time...it was great...lol, people use to visit it daily at our company and ask him about it..whois was private too of course! :pound:

So don't ask what I would do with it!!! You know the answer!

Chris
 
I reg'd my ex bosses full correct name and pointed it to farms*x.com for a long time...it was great...lol, people use to visit it daily at our company and ask him about it..whois was private too of course! :pound:

So don't ask what I would do with it!!! You know the answer!

Chris
That must have been Mocus, not Focus.
 
Yes, exactly! ;)
 
So it's either Moc'ing or Foc'ing :D
 
I don't know, Jasdon. I have a bunch of female first names and I point them all to "Baby Names" CPC on baby names at SEDO is much higher than porn.
 
Last edited:
What's your ethical standpoint on this ?

I bought a name at TDNAM that is very similar to a relatives, on my wifes side - same surname and very similar sounding first name.

It caught my eye because of the name - it had a traffic figure of about 900 - no-one had bid and there was only about 5 mins left, so I bid and won it for $30 plus renewal.

Anyway, it does get that kind of traffic (for the time being) so I thought about trying to optimize it.

It's a female name, so, adult right?

Now personally, I have no problem doing this, in fact I think it's a bit of a laugh, bearing in mind the relative. But I know if I told the wife, she'd wouldn't see it quite the same (it's her mother)....

So, do you think I should change it - keep it - redirect it to a fully blown gonzo site ?:lol:
Sounds like you want a divorce.
 
How much do you like your mother-in-law???
How good is the relationship between your wife and her mother?

Whatever the answer is:
You stated that the first name is only (very) similar, so would anybody from your family EVER check this particular domain?

Park it how you want to, but make sure you have private whois...and
NEVER, NEVER EVER TELL YOUR WIFE ABOUT IT!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom