• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Where is your taskbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

007

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
5
I wish I could make this a poll but I can't, so I guess replies will have to do. :-)

Anyway, where do you all keep your taskbar in your display? By that, I mean:

1. Default Location (Bottom)
2. Top
3. Left
4. Right

Personally, I had mine default for years, but about 2 years ago after using a mac for a bit, I realised how pointless it was to have it on the bottom. I rarely have any reason to move my cursor to the bottom of my screen in the first place, so I moved my taskbar to the top, and have never looked back.

Let's see, File menus are up there, URL bar, buttons for most programs, etc. After the change, I would really recommend it.

So anyway, where is your taskbar?

:bounce:

~007
 
i rock out the bottom, i can see why you would like it located at the top but i would get confused and click things by accident while browsing
 
Mine's on the bottom, but I'm going to try it out on the top now.
 
At the bottom but it is expanded up 2x the regular height. I have a lot of quick launch icons
 
jdk said:
At the bottom but it is expanded up 2x the regular height. I have a lot of quick launch icons

Same here. I rely on the quicklaunch rather than the start menu
 
Most of the things I would put in my quick launch are shortcuts to web pages. I use FireFox which lets me have favorites with no title, which is nice because most of the sites I go to have a favicon.ico file (address bar icon), so in essence I have an extra bar in all of my FF windows that has about 20 shortcuts saved. None have names but I know what they all are. :-)
 
At home:
Linux: Top (is a lot easier to use)
Windows: Default (bottom)

College:
Windows: Bottom
 
Same here at the bottom, but going to try out to have it at the top and see if i like it :)
 
right ... nice screen resolution gives me the extra space, so i don't have to use scroll bars
 
007 said:
Anyway, where do you all keep your taskbar in your display?
Hmm, I never really considered this, I always had it at the bottom but your thread has caused me to experiment a little 'cos (I think) it makes sense; I just put the taskbar at the top and will see how I like it. :peace:

Rob
 
default

Top is full with FF toolbars all customized out :)
 
I use firefox and can't believe how much better and easier it is on top.
 
on the bottom, maybe I should try to move it to the top.
 
It takes some time to get used to the change visually, and also takes some time to retrain yourself when going to click on an open program, but once you get past that you will not be able to go back. :-D
 
Naw I use Alt+Tab to switch to that aint a problem, I moved mine and damn it seems better allready!
 
I've always had it at the bottom...but I am going try it at the top for a while.
 
1. Default Location (Bottom)
 
Im on a Mac right now...ughh its at the top...if you can call it a taskbar
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom