Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Which are really more valuable NN or LL .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Side note.... just b/c they are being bid upon at sibername does not mean that they will catch the forsure or does it????

Thanks,
Christian.

No it doesn't, but of the first 14 domains grabbed last week they got 8 of them. Now that I said that, they will get 1 of the first 14 this week... :smilewinkgrin:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one thing I will say about numbers is that they're actually more useful as "pure generics" though... I also think numbers will become more important on mobile devices too (where short names are at a particular premium), so that should boost NN.ca values down the road..

I must say that thought hadn't occurred to me but it's a good idea. When you're out and about and number is much easier to remember and short to type in.

I should add that I concur with dropwizard about changing "conventional wisdom". LL.ca have been desirable in TBR as long as I can remember, but NN.ca often had little or no interest. I can also remember years ago when checking the whois that a few NN.ca were left and I never took em for reg fee (sigh)... I thought, if no one wants them for reg fee then they can't be worth much... alas, conventional wisdom does change.

The sad thing is I left the LL.ca's and went after the NN.ca's. I just didn't see the value in LL. NN seemed so much easier. There was a point when I was sibername's only client in the drops and used to pick that stuff up for $25-50. And I was getting them because there were so few people involved in the drops. I do value LL.ca's however but with the currrent pricing it just doesn't make sense to me to pursue them when I can get a lot of smaller domains that will eventually generate so much more in value.

And frankly I believe the pricing on NN have not reached their maturity and offer more upside potential.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being new to the .ca market, I'm wondering if any one of you can give me an idea of what an LL.ca or NN.ca might be worth these days. What's a realistic price range both reseller and retail prices? Any predictions on the upcoming drops (op.ca, rr.ca, etc)?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being new to the .ca market, I'm wondering if any one of you can give me an idea of what an LL.ca or NN.ca might be worth these days. What's a realistic price range both reseller and retail prices? Any predictions on the upcoming drops (op.ca, rr.ca, etc)?

Last two NN.ca transactions took place at around 2.5 and 3k as far as I know.

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Good question. I've been an active buyer for this in the last year and have usually paid between $1k and $4k depending on luck/quality. Average auction prices at sibername have historically tend to differ from pool and other registrars too, so the price will depend on where it gets caught. I won't dare hazard a guess on the results this week though :)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whole lot more Americans playing North of the border this week... :(

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Roy you think people from the states are in the drop this week?
If so i do not think that it is a bad thing may catalyze the dot ca market a bit.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course they are. Where there is money to be made - people will find a way. I'm not going to say how I know exactly, but dig around and they are easy to find. They've done enough to cover their tracks for what CIRA requires...

As someone who would rather develop than flip domains - their being involved is only going to drive prices up. Good for some - very bad for others.

Anyways - good luck to all today even if there are no bargains to be had...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like the LL.ca's are well ahead in bidding from the NN.ca.

pharmaceutical and ppv are also bid higher than the NN.ca

at sibername the bidding ends tomorrow, so do you just need to get bids in on the names you want to stay in the auction? No sense in going crazy right now.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No at Sibername you can bid on any domain they grab whether you placed a bid or not before the drop. I find that highly annoying - especially when you are the ONLY one to place a bid before the drop - but that could just be me.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namespro hides the domains unless you've placed a bid on it. So if you've found a name that no one else might be interested in, it's kept secret. At Sibername, if you're the only bidder, everyone else can see the name, which I agree doesn't help the lone bidder.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's at pool

Trust me the bidding on the nn has only started. There is no longer any point of putting in any real bid until thurs at sibername.

But if it's any indication I went to the wall for the last one ;)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namespro hides the domains unless you've placed a bid on it. So if you've found a name that no one else might be interested in, it's kept secret. At Sibername, if you're the only bidder, everyone else can see the name, which I agree doesn't help the lone bidder.

And one where I was the only bidder has already gotten a new bid post-drop. Highly frustrating and annoying to say the least. It should be like pool -only bidder you get the domain. I understand sibername is trying to make a buck, but at the same time they should reward those who bid on a lot of domains.

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone in the running for rr.ca at myid? I want to know what it goes for even if I'm not allowed to bid (myid never seems to get much and here they go getting a terrific 2-letter).

36.ca is creeping up slowly but surely in the meantime...

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who is in on rr.ca ?

I'm in this auction after all. Current price is $5570 and it ends Thursday, looks like there's a lot of interest in this one.

Well I guess the so called market spoke 36.ca went for a little under 2.5k.

A bargain!

I missed the end of the auction unfortunately. Looks like two people went over my reserve, perhaps one of them was you? I'll be curious to see what the prices are for these in a few years, not many coming up for sale anymore. Congrats to the winner!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who is in on rr.ca ?

I'm in, but doubt I'll bid up any more. My last bid was the mid 3k range. There are far too many traffic names out there for less in .com drops, as well as fair dict .coms dropping.

I was in on the 36.ca as well through a friend, but my high bid stops at 2k for a NN.

congrats to the winners.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This auction will set a bar thats for sure. As long as we will pay it to board members too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators