• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Which program/script can remove a bulk list of names in a list?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tekz999
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Guest
Lets say I have list 1, that has the following names:
1.com
2.com
3.com
4.com
5.com

and I enter a list of names to be removed, lets say I enter these:
1.com
2.com

Then the program will remove 1.com and 2.com, then list 1 will now only have:
3.com
4.com
5.com


Which program/script can do bulk remove specific names like this?
 
Interesting question. To add another one...there is a way/software to make a list of words from a text?
 
ColdGin, I think you can bulk replace "space" with ".com", then use any domain list cleaner , and clean the list. Bingo!
 
Lets say I have list 1, that has the following names:
1.com
2.com
3.com
4.com
5.com

and I enter a list of names to be removed, lets say I enter these:
1.com
2.com

Then the program will remove 1.com and 2.com, then list 1 will now only have:
3.com
4.com
5.com


Which program/script can do bulk remove specific names like this?
Install Cygwin Linux on your Windows machine from www.cygwin.com

Then you can use a handy one-liner on the command line:

comm -1 -3 file1 file2 >file3

file3 will contain the difference.

More on the 'comm' utility here:

http://www.computerhope.com/unix/ucomm.htm

Interesting question. To add another one...there is a way/software to make a list of words from a text?
If you want to make a list of domains out of plain words, then a good text editor should do it, like www.editplus.com.

Or, as mentioned above, get Cygwin and use another one-liner:

awk '{print$1".com"}' infile >outfile
 
aZ, is there any smaller script/program? coz it appears I am downloading and installing a monster, just for this small task ;P
 
aZ, is there any smaller script/program? coz it appears I am downloading and installing a monster, just for this small task ;P
Yes it's a quirky installation interface. Just download the bash shell and drill down to include awk, grep and comm if they're not already in the package.

In fact, you should really download it all but you can leave out the X stuff which makes it a LOT smaller.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom