• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

whisky.com on SEDO auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
3,116
Reaction score
8
what do you think it will sell for? It's currently at 200k, reserve not met

If I recall correctly the registrant of whiskey.com(not whisky.com) and bourbon.com wants $2M for both , whiskey.com and whisky.com have similar ovt numbers, around 55
 
Could have sworn the correct spelling was 'whiskey'.

Hold up, lemme go check that bottle of Jack D I have laying around....

Yup! Whiskey!
 
lol:) yeah both are correct spellings

Ballantines has Whisky written on it for example
 
gin.com has been sold for $250.000 to reseller
vodka.com has been sold for $3.000.000 to end-user


I think whisky.com will go for $450.000
 
The reserve was met for whisky.com after the first bid, then it switched to reserve not met, then the third bid pulled it back to reserve met, now it's back at reserve not met again. Hmm...
 
whiskey.com regged since 1994, whisky.com regged since 1995 btw
 
if compared to vodka.com, based on ovt and geo popularity, I'd also say 500k would be fair for an end user
 
Vodka.com was not sold to an "end-user" per se, it was sold to a vodka manufacturer. I'd justify a high selling price for whisky.com (odd spelling indeed) if it went to a manufacturer of the spirit. Also, the bids in the Sedo auction look as if someone is fishing for the reserve.
 
From Wikipedia:

"The spelling whisky (plural whiskies) is generally used for whiskies distilled in Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Japan, while whiskey is used for the spirits distilled in Ireland. A 1968 directive of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms specifies "whisky" as the official U.S. spelling, but allows labelling as "whiskey" in deference to tradition; most U.S. producers still use the latter spelling, Early Times being one of the few exceptions."
 
I always ordered a "Scotch" on the rocks.
 
Not going to reach reserve at Sedo this time.
Owner is shooting for an end-user/manufacturer and there are not such guys at sedo auctions - just resellers.

(I may be wrong but I can bet some F$)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom