• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Whois History

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
I saw services like whois.sc have a whois history service.

So when I register a domain and add whois service like 1-2 days later does this mean my info has already been cached by the history service?

Thanks
 
I believe whois.sc archives the results only once someone looks up the whois information on that particular domain using the whois.sc website. I believe ICANN Accredited registrars also have the ability to see a history of all whois changes made through a domain's entire history, regardless of when or where it was queried. This was one of the reasons Google became a registrar.
 
You are correct about how whois.sc works.

I'm not sure you are correct about registrars having access to a domain's past
history on "Verisign's" server.

Maybe, Google maintains their own database from daily collection of the data
from Verisign.
 
They may have to request the information, but I know the central registry maintains that information (all whois changes made).
 
Thin registries (like .com/net) don't store all WHOIS changes (like Admin contacts, etc.), just the nameservers (i.e. via the zone file).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom