• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Whois History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
2
I am looking for a whois history of a domain I wanted to buy last year. The owner wasnt interested in selling because he wanted to develop. I left him alone and kept the information for an annual inquiry. At present enom/namecheap is holding it in redemption and I lost my C:Drive which had the guys contact info. So I signed up and paid for membership at domaintools.com so I can retrieve the whois history. Although it says there are 8 records it only shows me 3 and all three going way back to 2003 show the namecheap record and not the one I personally pulled last year.

Can anyone elaborate on the deal with this ?
Does domaintools have some info altering info deal to protect people from contacting the old owner to either help get the domain out of redemption for the 160 fee (id pay much more for this one) or to at least enlighten the fellow that maybe he better get online quick and renew it.

Enlighten me, if there's another source to get whois history I'd really appreciate it.

As far as I'm concerned the whois info should be the same untill the domain is either dropped or represented outside of the original owners wishes.
 
That's strange.
Last time I checked one domain, it showed complete lists with full info.

If you wish, send me a PM with domain name and I'll try :D
 
• google search gives nothing but the present parked site
• alexa.com gives no info
• archive.org shows the empty folders
• domaintools.com/whois.sc shows only the present whois info for enom
• msn and Yahoo give no more results than google
 
DomainTools for many domains only stores whois records that have been requested by other DomainTools' users. So for domains whose whois data is rarely accessed, there are often few to no past whois records available.

Many DomainTools subscribers are under the impression that registrars bulk submit data to them, but for the most part it doesn't work like that ... instead DomainTools, typically, proxies whois requests and then stores them for others to view.

Lastly, if DomainTools says there are 8 records, then there should be 8 separately listed dated links for them ... many will be duplicates, but there should be 8 shown ... or is that not what you are seeing?

Ron

p.s. for further assistance, feel free to PM and/or email [email protected]
 
Do you have a silver membership? If you don't send me the domain via PM and I'll get the remaining records.
 
I have silver, bought it just to access the one domains history so i can try and either buy it, or help the guy realize his email may not work and get it renewed. its win/win whatever he chooses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom