• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Whois.sc Word Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
3,506
Reaction score
5
Have you ever been constantly typing in loads of names in whois.is then it pop up and ask for you to verify text on the screen?..

I've had this happen to me 3 times, and every word I have to type in to verify was "Adult" related..

Wondered if they did this purposely?
 
you adult related? omg, what happened? I didn't know. Shame on you!
That never happened to me but I'm not that perverted ;)
 
That never happened to me but I'm not that perverted ;)

Hi, there is no mistaking the words for any other use then the "Adult" definition.
 
It sounds like it is in place to prevent underage kids from using it.
 
Yes, it will happen if you do too many searches in a short period of time.

The nature of the domain is irrelevant.
 
The nature of the domain is irrelevant.

I think you mis-understood. It's not if I type in an adult name it makes me verify... if I type in too many regular names it makes me verify... but the word im having to verify is an adult term. (This happened 3 straight times).
 
Duncan said:
the word im having to verify is an adult term. (This happened 3 straight times).
interesting :-)
I always loved the "bugs" that makes you wonder - see this for an example:
http://whois.sc/adidas.com -notice anything extraordinary?humm, yes, the .net is free to reg:-)
And the "Simliar" typo in the footer is there since the beginnings...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom