Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Whois-Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This should have been a private discussion.

Domain Summit 2024

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Point8T
This should have been a private discussion.

Or maybe the sig should never have been posted in the first instance. Since it was, it became a public one.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

Or maybe the sig should never have been posted in the first instance. Since it was, it became a public one.

I do not agree. He did that, so i did that, so he did that, etc. I agree that the the display of disrespect for a sponsor by a moderator is not acceptible. A reaction was expected. The owner made the decision however soft or hard it may seem. Thats one issue. How the issue is handled is another matter. Its is between the mod, the sponsor and the owner. I will not comment on either side as its not my place to do so. If the matter was dragged out into the public, it does not mean its a free for all. All of you should know better. The moderator's actions may have been taken poorly by one sponsor, but this whole thread can be read by every single member on the board. What positive outcome can it possibly have? If two people have an argument, the worst thing you can do is add fire to it and even worse, make it public.

Now... can we please put this behind us?

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

[snip]

If two people have an argument, the worst thing you can do is add fire to it and even worse, make it public.

Now... can we please put this behind us?

I'll be very simple.

I've generally only ever responded when I felt that Andrew posted something inappropriate. You've made the mistake of focusing simply on the mod -> demod issue. In reality I have been justifiably complaining about Andrew for a good while before, just as others have too. If you aren't aware of this, you're not in a position to effectively comment.

Andrew has made many inappropriate and stupid comments. This has now gotten him banned from the other domain forum, as well as getting him demodded.

I'm not the one posting the cited signature. Andrew is. Every time Andrew posts, it gets posted. You want me to ignore that do you? If it were you named in it, would you ignore it? As I said, in reality it doesn't bother me. I just don't think it is the sort of thing that 'normal' people (and let's face it, Andrew has obviously proven he isn't that) should be doing on a domain forum. I think I'd have to be quite ill to post such a signature personally.

I cannot be anymore straight forward about this. I'm responding to the inappropriate comments rather than ignoring them. If you think that by burying my head in the sand, the inappropriate comments would stop then I suggest you check the history of this place!

It's quite obviously not me making the comments. If I stopped now, the sig. would still be posted.

I guess we can move on when Andrew starts acting responsibly. He has yet to do this.

If you want to play out the role of trying to bang my and Andrew's heads together like a teacher, as if it is anyway a shared problem, I'll tell you now that it isn't going to work. :)However if you want to take the trouble to see the whole picture (rather than just comment on your apparent limited analysis of it) then I am confident you'll realise that I'm simply someone who grew tired of a kook and chose to speak up.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All of what you posted above would have been fine have you expressed your concerns about Andrew in a separate post, possibly through PM in your own time and not at the time when the guy had personal (and i repeat - personal) issues with Gregr. You should express your concerns, even more so when it comes to the well being of this community, but this thread isnt the place for it.

All i am saying is, the problem started with the sponsor comment and should have ended there.

I have nothing against both of you (where did you go to school, m8, i dont remember the teacher banging heads together) and the only problem i have is this whole thread leaves a poor aftertaste and someone who just joined the forum may take it the wrong way. How do i know that? I'm here a few weeks and i am taking this whole thing the wrong way.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of what you posted above would have been fine have you expressed your concerns about Andrew in a separate post, possibly through PM in your own time and not at the time when the guy had personal (and i repeat - personal) issues with Gregr.

Opinion accepted. However I have been down all the other routes. Also all of the posts ended up coming under the subject 'Andrew Posts Inappropriately in Public' so it made sense to lump them all together as one really.

All i am saying is, the problem started with the sponsor comment and should have ended there.

I have nothing against both of you (where did you go to school, m8, i dont remember the teacher banging heads together) and the only problem i have is this whole thread leaves a poor aftertaste and someone who just joined the forum may take it the wrong way. How do i know that? I'm here a few weeks and i am taking this whole thing the wrong way.

I accept the aftertaste. It was something I considered before, during and am still considering. After thinking about it I decided that the expected level of 'complaint' directed at me was still minimal enough for me to brush it aside and do as I have done. New users to the forum might very well (and I'd expect them too) take the sort of view you have presented here. Again, I considered that too. It isn't hard to spend 5 mins and look back at the history, but I don't necessarily expect people to bother. :)

I guess I'll just have to accept that some people aren't going to take too kindly to my genuine efforts, perhaps because they don't know me very well. However I can take considerable consolation from the comments I get from those who do know me well enough; since they know that what I am stating is pretty much spot on. In time it will all come out in the wash, you can be sure. :)

Ever heard the phrase:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot do both?" - replace fool with please and it pretty much sums this all up.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David, my post was directed at all of us here. I didnt pick on you. I understand what you are saying. I just wish we could resolve our differences in a private manner or at least have a private discussion room where you can schedule meetings or sort out disputes.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So Andrew is no longer a Mod here anymore - what more you want or need?
True he does post some "inoprerate" post - but who doesn't? Not me for sure.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, my post was directed at all of us here. I didnt pick on you. I understand what you are saying. I just wish we could resolve our differences in a private manner or at least have a private discussion room where you can schedule meetings or sort out disputes.

It would be better in private. But talking to Andrew is like banging ones head against a brick wall. Therefore doing it in the open, hopefully collectively, is the only option. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Domainaholic
So Andrew is no longer a Mod here anymore - what more you want or need?
True he does post some "inoprerate" post - but who doesn't? Not me for sure.

So you don't mind me adding a tag line to all my posts calling a few people, you included, a liar, and not to do business with you then? ;)

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

So you don't mind me adding a tag line to all my posts calling a few people, you included, a liar, and not to do business with you then? ;)

If I lie - please post it, as for business I am not out to hurt anyone, so prefer to stay out of that biz - not much fun in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom