Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld WhoisCanada.ca | New Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently someone is providing a new service that will give you the Name and Email Address of any .ca domain registrant, even private CIRA ones.

We really needed to find the Registrant for a domain we were trying to buy for a client, but received no response through the private CIRA form.

During our search we found:

http://www.whoiscanada.ca

We decided to test the service with one of our own domains set to Privacy at CIRA, and the info we got back (Name and Email was accurate, despite being hidden at CIRA).

We then purchased the domain info for the domain we were looking to buy and managed to track down the owner quite easily.

FYI
Jen

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is no way of finding whois info unless they are relying on past data. Or they work with CIRA. Either way... $30 for this info is a scam and this site should be reported to CIRA.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may be right, but as I mentioned the info we got was accurate; in fact the domain we requested as our complimentary one was one we got from the TBR two weeks ago, and it was marked as private, so I don't think the data is old...

Jen

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am unsure why Jen is promoting this site.

There is a reason privacy is in place...and if a website is trying to SELL personal information then it is a real bad idea to promote here.

Update : I reported the website to CIRA. I know when i put privacy on my domains..i want it to remain private.

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently someone is providing a new service...

During our search we found:...

I'm curious how you would find this site as it's not even indexed in Google, Yahoo or Live...

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks dodgy to me.

IMO, Real Businesses/Companies/People do not need to hide their Details, Owners Names or Contact Info. if they have Integrity.

I am interested to know more about what CIRA thinks of this.

Could they be breaching Canadian Privacy Laws with this 'service'?

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please read my post again; I am not promoting the site!!!!

I mentioned it on here as a matter of discussion; thought you might all want to know; and know that I used it and actually was given our private info.

At no time did I say anyone should use it.

For the record!
Jen

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We decided to test the service with one of our own domains set to Privacy at CIRA, and the info we got back (Name and Email was accurate, despite being hidden at CIRA).

We then purchased the domain info for the domain we were looking to buy and managed to track down the owner quite easily.

FYI
Jen

Testing the service...and then supporting the site by "purchased the domain info for the domain we were looking to buy"

Sounds like you are supporting it and promoting it to me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom