• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Why don't we all get together and buy this

Status
Not open for further replies.
.con ??? he heh he ...wildcard it
 
.OK, just think of the international recognition potential!
 
Current IANA policy is to derive ccTLDs from the ISO-3166 list, wich doesn't include sealand.
 
We could always rename the country Commonwealth Municipality Offshore and take .cmo for our ccTLD. I'll put up my $100 for a share of that.
 
im in

.con sounds reasonable (so we could get typos from .com aswell)
 
paypal me the your $100 per share .... I am off to Vegas in a fortnight ;)
 
paypal me the your $100 per share .... I am off to Vegas in a fortnight ;)

You're a lucky man Dolansco! Love to be there! ;)
Hopefully see you & the Guys next time.
The poster said $3.5 million for an island?
I'm sure you can pick up small islands for $xxx,xxx?
I seem to remember surfing & dreaming (as you do LOL) a few years back & there's bloody thousands of the things up for sale. Not sure Indian Ocean is best place mind :worried:
still thinking on the best .LL for it, hmmmm
Pred
 
The poster said $3.5 million for an island?
I'm sure you can pick up small islands for $xxx,xxx?

They are actually looking for "8 figures", so $3.5M probably won't cut it.
It's not in the Indian ocean, it's 7 miles off the east coast of England.
I've often fantasized about buying my own island nation, to be honest, but I was thinking something more natural -- sandy beaches, palm trees, the lot. Sealand is basically an 1850 square foot oil rig. Whoopee! :rolleyes:
 
dot CMO would be a monster.

.con would be much better.

google.cmo ovt w ext 2385
google.con ovt w ext 10838

the con artist wins ;-) long live the typo!
 
but I would never go for typos ;-)
 
"Cybersquatters Buy Country".... what a headline

oh wait ......

Is cameroon owned by cybersquatters ? :)
 
nope .cm is wildcarding, this is different, as the domains are not registered. like .ws or com.ph and some other countires
 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070109/od_nm/island_dc

Yes, we could all pitch in and buy "sealand", world's smallest country in the North Sea. Then start up our own ccTLD with a really cool extension like VT or DCG :yes:

Hmmm, 35500 members x $100 = 3.5Mil should be a good start.

3.5 mil?! c'mon! See the price below.. $977 mil..

From 2007 Sealand is available for transfer by Spanish estate company InmoNaranja.[19] It is explicitly stated that Sealand is not for sale, as a principality cannot be sold.[20] A sum of between £65,000,000 and £504,000,000 ($977 million, €750,000,000) is set as the price for the new tenant(s).)[21][22][23] Offers of "eight digits or over" are being solicited.[24] On January 9, 2007 BitTorrent Tracker The Pirate Bay announced they were seeking donations in order to buy Sealand.[25]
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand
 
I think you're forgetting that ccTLDs are 2 letters.
 
Sounds good to me.

But let’s ensure that we quickly surpass the ever-languishing .cc extension with our own.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom