Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why My Thread is Closed?.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Instead of closing threads, just delete them, if someone makes a mistake, least that way their poor domain is not indexed in google at some wholesale price till the end of time, just delete the threads all together, and send a warning message of infraction to the seller.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those are the rules and the way DNF operates.

You can look at it negatively like you have or in a positive light:
1) Closed threads still get attention from some users and you may still make a private sale
Or
2) An end user may come across an old thread, visit your parked page and toss you an offer.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those are the rules and the way DNF operates.

You can look at it negatively like you have or in a positive light:
1) Closed threads still get attention from some users and you may still make a private sale
Or
2) An end user may come across an old thread, visit your parked page and toss you an offer.

In majority of cases dnf pricing, and end user pricing happen on different scales, hence the issue of deleting a violating thread all together if it is a bump, or minor infraction. You don't want an end user seeing reseller pricing.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then take your time and explain pricing or a take it or leave it counter offer. If they really want it, they will buy it for what it's worth to them.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Then take your time and explain pricing or a take it or leave it counter offer. If they really want it, they will buy it for what it's worth to them.

Sorry, it doesn't work, most cases they expect the same price, or can make the deal tough to close, it was an idea, I hear your side of it, I have heard others speak of the same issue, so I thought I would open it up, obviously guys if you want to bump just reduce the price, I see mods who list do this as well. List at a high price then BUMP it down in price reductions, called a loophole I guess.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does that mean I can post 10 domains for sale a day and bump them daily until they're sold? ;)

@airmax, I don't understand your post about mods bumping. Everyone's allowed to bump 3 times at a 10% price reduction... I don't see ANY mods doing otherwise.

Last edited:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't really care about people who search google and buying - They are not end users because end user does not know how.

We (mods) don't even delete our threads (actually there was one mod did delete his own threads so we remove the badge and the gun years ago).

Rules are rules and they will not satisfy everyone but the majority of them.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really care about people who search google and buying - They are not end users because end user does not know how.

We (mods) don't even delete our threads (actually there was one mod did delete his own threads so we remove the badge and the gun years ago).

Rules are rules and they will not satisfy everyone but the majority of them.

End users don't know how to google a domain name? Time to take the forum moderator ego down a bit... you are here to help, and facilitate rules, if you can't do the job, maybe it's time to retire.

http://www.dnforum.com/f79/so-whats-wrong-dnforum-moderation-thread-391997.html

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never seen Johnn abuse his powers when posting domain names. He has followed rules. Hell, he probably even made some of them.

I have never seen Biggie abuse his either, though I will admit he is a little harsh with judgment at sometimes, but it's the best for the forum to keep it running smoothly in my opinion (which is clearly pointed out in the 4 year old closed thread that I'm not going to read past page 1 to entertain this any further)—or it would look like an unorganized mess with bumps every day, possibly twice a day—hell, some people may bump it until it’s sold to make it never go down and always stay “sticky” if it weren’t for the rules and enforcers (Johnn & Biggie). :bump2:

I did once ask nicely that a post be deleted that Biggie closed, and guess what? He obliged and removed it because it could have been harmful to me in the court of law and most of all: I WAS POLITE IN THE MANNER.
You attacking mods isn't going to get you anywhere but flamed over and over :flame: . You could have made the same request that I did and they may have considered it with your seniority and simple mistake as well (we all make mistakes once in a while, but try not to—it tends to be newer members who do it repeatedly until they get a clue), instead you open this thread and attack the hand that feeds so to speak.

Good luck in trying to get your thread deleted/edited now, got no sympathy from my end—but I’m not a mod and Biggie does have a heart. :blush:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David, I am glad you have time to create essays to gain brownie points. I don't think anyone is being fed by dnforum, nor do I need moderator sympathy. I had a topic, and I opened a discussion about it, I am not worried about being flamed, or being attacked, just as you didn't care when you called out huge domains for being unprofessional for not granting you a discount, you are just bored and hijacking a topic, and actually acting like a hypocrit.

Why don't you do something useful, and bring some liquidity to the forum. I didn't attack a mod, I felt they made a non intelligent remark, that most domainers would disagree with, and if the mod feels like they are burdened or unable to complete small tasks, maybe they should seek a new career.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A pissing contest, eh? Well, I give up, cause I don't have time to dig into your old threads and call you out on past things.:yield:

As far as brownie points go, how much you think I scored?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I felt they made a non intelligent remark, that most domainers would disagree with, and if the mod feels like they are burdened or unable to complete small tasks, maybe they should seek a new career.

Hi

we try to comply with to members requests, however, you are not the only member and this isn't the first time you've had posting issues.

still, after your last thread was closed and you reported it to have pricing removed ( because of that bullshit excuse about end-users finding your names with prices), I went ahead and edited out the prices.

but let me tell you something.

if you scared of an end-user questioning you about pricing from the past, then maybe you should get out the game if you can't negotiate for what you want.

how can I say that, cuz if you can tell john or refer to mods here in general, that maybe he/we need to retire as mods, then.... I can say what I said.

you don't have to sell your domain names to anyone unless you want to, so PLEASE don't use the "google indexing my sales thread excuse" again

Thanks for your cooperation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom