Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why was my thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For fun? Or they considered your comment to be a bump, although I'd disagree completely with whatever mod considered that to be a useless bump.

The policy here seems to be.. mass thread generation as opposed to keeping a single thread and bumping it on occasion.

Domain Summit 2024

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the comment was very much an update - and now I'd just like to add that domain is sold so I stop getting offers. I see threads getting bumped all day - I rarely even make threads here anymore for many reasons...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread unlocked, sorry for the confusion.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods should put a reason when they are closing thread IMHO. This way I don't have to PM the seller and tell them to start a new thread :)

This gives the chance for the thread started to know why the thread was closed and they do not do it again.

Last edited:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods should put a reason when they are closing thread IMHO. This way I don't have to PM the seller and tell them to start a new thread :)

This gives the chance for the thread started to know why the thread was closed and they do not do it again.

Agreed, now all closed threads will show the reason why the thread is closed.
I just coded it in.
It will probably break with the next major site update but we will try and make sure it stays.
This required editing core files, files that we cycle through often.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesome, that is a great update. Thanks!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Jonathan.
I hope everyone finds this as a welcome change to the policy and procedures here at DNF.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a great improvement for the newer members, and some of us older ones, who are accustomed to DNF's rules.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will be nice to know if a thread was closed for bumping, or stolen domains. ;) Something I always wonder when I see a closed thread with a seller I don't recognize.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will be nice to know if a thread was closed for bumping, or stolen domains. ;) Something I always wonder when I see a closed thread with a seller I don't recognize.

I think the community gets involved when a sale includes stolen domains plus heavy and very visible mod / admin interaction with the thread.

I've also recommended to some newer members though PM (and I'll open it up here) is if you're doing a BIN reduction, make it visible from what to what. In other words, don't edit the price and change it from $100 to $75 to $50 (in 2 edits) but instead so something like this:

$100 -> $75 -> $50 (doesn't have to be exact, but y'all get the point) that way we see that it isn't a bump (anyone can say they reduced the bin and there are too many sales threads for us to remember how much each domain is going for). This will also eliminate come confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom