• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wikipedia founder plans search engine to rival Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
or G8W.com for "Gate Wiki" :D
 
or gay wiki :laugh:
 
seriously that name is pretty hard to remember
it just makes more typos I guess.
 
Surely not. That name is horrible. I can't even remember how to spell it after seeing it on the first page. Never the less, I hope the rest of the story is accurate; the seach space needs to be more competition. Google's gotten too arrogant and comfortable for my taste plus I'd like to see more competition for ad space on my domains.
 
Interesting story...obviously wikiasari.com cannot be a search engine url. i have already forgotten that i have to keep on referring to it twice...lol...How would they compete with google, live and yahoo?? what a waste of money it could be...
 
ok, I admit it I got like 5 of the best typos for it ;)
 
a1uu.com - a one double u, LMAO :laugh: thats so my fave!
 
Getting back on topic, I think that the more competition, the better. Only the end-user wins with much compeition. But taking on google's market share? I think not. Wikipedia is a huge success, but look at everything else Wiki has done. It's not bad, but it's certainly nowhere near the top competitors. Google already has far too much of a search market.
 
Google is so big, "google it" is in the dictionary. :p
 
Wikiasari?

Wikiasari is and will not be the name for the free search engine we're developing. It was the name of a former project (see history and comments).

..

so it's not the name.
 
If there going to attempt to rival Google, the domain will be a single word, short, memorable and easy to spell, theirs way too much money at stake, They have a domain, we just dont know it yet.

www.WIKI.com goes to http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia - pretty sure that he is using that name for the url once he starts the work...

Wikiasari?

Wikiasari is and will not be the name for the free search engine we're developing. It was the name of a former project (see history and comments).
www.Wikiasari.com
 
Note: Wikiasari was used for a search project in the past, see the history of this project. But it is not the current name of it now. Actually, the forthcoming search engine project is still without a name. Just this site has a name at the moment: Search Wikia :-) --rieke 22:06, 26 December 2006 (UTC)

http://search.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Wikiasari,_comments_on_the_name
 
What gives you the idea this will be a google killer?
 
you don't need the whole cherry pie..just a slice of the blueberry one
 
and there was a time when Altavista (developed by Digital AKA DEC) was the ultimate SE back in the late 90s.

.. G has critical mass, but never underestimate a competitor.

Rob
 
I was thinking of registering wilkiasari.com since wilki seems to be a pretty common typo for wiki. I hesitated and it was grabbed, but I was almost certain that they wouldn't use wikiasari.com for their url. I think I also just don't see the glamor in registering typos anymore.
 
got wikiasori.com and some others...already getting traffic
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom