Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

wildwestdomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is wildwestdomains a decent company to use for reselling domain registration services?

Does anyone here have any experience with them?

How do the various registrars which support reselling stack up?

Is there any money to be made in this game or is domain registration too low margin and too cut-throat?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends who you market to.

If you have the advertising budget I think you could be succseful selling domains for $30-$60 each/yr.

Make the site looks proffessional, and put some effort and $ into it, and people will pay if marketed properly imo.

NSI's site looks great and it makes me (and most non domainers probably) feel like your getting more quality for your money.

$19-$30, those other places must not have something that NSI does!

rockynate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi. New here.

I use WildWest for my reseller site register-spot.com. It's really easy to manage, and my average sale is really nice.

I don't really make much on the basic domain registration, but the upsell that WildWest does for you can add on some nice margins.

I currently have it set to the lowest allowable price for .com registrations, if anyone is interested - at $7.65. The reseller account (including the entire site and all processing) only costs $99 a year, so a few good sales and you're at break-even.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to agree as well. It is a great little investment

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To those who use wildwest already:

Can you charge the public one price and charge yourself a lower price? i.e. for the backorders, could you charge the public $19 and yourself $12.75 (base price)? Or do they not allow this.

Thanks!

rockynate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I'm placing an order for myself or a friend, I just go into the admin area, set the price to minimum, then place the order manually, and re-set the price back to what it was.

That's exactly why my site is set to 7.65 right now... that's the minimum. I registered a bunch of domains for a friend, and intended to just price it like this temporarily. I forgot to reset the price... and my conversion rate went through the roof! (as you can imagine...) I noticed that several orders bought add-ons that made more $ than a normal registration... so I decided to leave it like this for a while!

jhester

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can go into the control center and set certain users up for special pricing. set yourself up for cost and that's what you will get everything for plus a $.25 transaction fee. this way you don't have to go in and change the pricing every time. plus, you take out the revenue share cause you're paying less.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Um, everyone is forgetting to mention the $100 annual repeating fee.
Also you cannot push domains from one wildwest reseller to another or to godaddy, despite it being the same system.

Did you know there are GoDaddy resellers too? Look at www.bluerazor.com

(sorry didn't notice this thread was from LAST YEAR - someone bumped it up?)

rockynate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aww said:
Um, everyone is forgetting to mention the $100 annual repeating fee.
Also you cannot push domains from one wildwest reseller to another or to godaddy, despite it being the same system.

Did you know there are GoDaddy resellers too? Look at www.bluerazor.com

(sorry didn't notice this thread was from LAST YEAR - someone bumped it up?)

I didn't fail to mention it if you look at my previous post carefully.

cheapville

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been with them for three years, my profit first month where in minus because I spend a lot of money for ppc, after that i been working with link and search engine my profit went up form $20 amonth to $600 a month in about two years and it been doubling every 6 month i hope it keep going in the same way

zoewayne

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who knows the relation between Godaddy and WWD? WWD offers the same backorder servict with GOdaddy

nRnF

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am with WWD since the beginning, and never had any serious complains.
They are my no 1 choice, if you want to resell domains and web services to wide public.

Buisiness is hard, but works.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
zoewayne said:
who knows the relation between Godaddy and WWD? WWD offers the same backorder servict with GOdaddy

wwd- godaddys sister company, they are cool providers, but can not offer a qurrency converter, as im looking to resell in uk in europe (bah)

nRnF

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angelx666 said:
wwd- godaddys sister company, they are cool providers, but can not offer a qurrency converter, as im looking to resell in uk in europe (bah)
This really doesn't matter as europeans are used to USD.
Normally who wants to by a domain is used to internet, thus to USD.

In my oppinion this would be a only small negative point when selecting a reseller, as there are much more things to look for like storefront, payment systems, support, customer support, pricing, upfront payments ?, etc...

Zurio

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been a Tucows/OpenSRS reseller for about 5 years now, and I still have a couple hundred domains on their system.

Last month, I finally decided to give WildWestDomains a shot and I'll give you my reasons and observations:

1. Unlike OpenSRS and a lot of other reseller programs, WWD gives you a "retail" looking branded site. The lack of a retail looking interface, meant that all of my activity was in-house accounts only.

2. Unfortunately, registering domains with the retail interface is much slower than using Tucows/OpenSRS. With Tucows, I was able to just fund an account from time to time, and just register domains with only one click and vritually no filling out of forms. Billing, contact info and everything else was automatic. WWD's interface is much slower and you need to pay for each registration as you order it rather than from a funded account... which slows me down.

3. Thus far, in spite of the fancy virtual storefront, I've still never sold a domain to the public... so I'm still just using it for in-house accounts. Not a problem mind you, but just an observation that people still look for a brand they know. BUT... It's nice to know that if I spend some time/money I have at least the POTENTIAL to sell retail.

4. WWD's reporting is more primative, so managing my domain list is a bit more difficult. Tucows/OpenSRS has lots of reports and exports to CSV, so I can keep track of them in my own databases.

5. The prices are pretty good. A savings of about $3 per year for the doman, and free DNS, email forwarding, etc... So I'm saving far more than the cost they charge to create the reseller account.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah -- I have a WWD reseller also and the lag is terrible. Seems like it takes double the time to respond compared to using GoDaddy, where I also have an account. I suppose it makes sense because the WWD reseller interface is behind GD so there's more bandwidth required and database lookups etc.

What really gets me is when you register about ten domains and then the checkout tells you that one of them can only be regged for two years, and you have to go back and do it all again. Their 'push' system is also a pain. I like Enom for that.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stopped paying for my wwd 2 years ago after complaints from buyers here on DNF that they had to open a new account at my wwd reseller interface just to accept a name they had bought.
And I also got complaints from retail buyers who could not finish the WWD " accept domain" process
Another complaint was that after accepting ownership of a name on WWD, the buyer had to wait 3 months before they could transfer registrar to go daddy.
My only complaints were that Godaddy continually undercut the WWD prices with specials and they only paid to my country by check in $usd, which meant I had to pay bank charges
The good news was that the checks kept on arriving from WWD for 2 years without me having to pay them the annual fee. Other DNF members have posted before about how if you don't pay, they keep sending the checks
That came to an abrupt halt when I signed up for TDNAM and listed a name there.
2 days later WWD rang me and then closed my wwd interface when I declined to pay the annual fee.

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just like how the csr's upsell for you when your customers call in to the 24/7 support and sales line

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom