Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will professionalism be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I thought I would share my experiences so far with DNforum.

1. An imposter hijacks my screen names "LarryWentz" and "wentzo". (I now have contol ofthe "LarryWentz" name here). I would appreciate it Dan if you could find out the IP address that was used by the imposter.

2. I immediately get attacked from an anonymous fruitcake (likely the imposter) with my first post and now am being"cyberstalked" here already on the board from this "failure of a human being".

OK - so will this board be professional or will the anonymous fruitcakes rule?

In the last 2 years I have sold 550+ names and have purchased over 70 names from others. I make money selling domain names and now make money building profitable sites. I have helped "Many" people sell there names instead of gathering dust in their domain portfolios while paying renwal after renewal. I support start bids (advertising bids) and don't support shill bids. I purchase a # of the domains I bid on plus get great exposure for my domain names and sites. I GET RESULTS!

It comes down to this - will dnforum be another worthless Afternic forum with anonymous cyberstalking attackers or will it be professional. As many of the people know here, I am a "helper" and love to see people succeed. I am willing to help out others here and give advice from my experience. However - if this forum is not properly moderated it has no value.

I suggest banning IP addresses from the attackers.

Now - I know I will get a response from my cyberstalker here shortly and I encourage Dan to do something about this person.

Larry Wentz
"Make Money with Affiliate Networks!"
http://www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Upvote 0

Originally posted by LarryWentz

I support start bids (advertising bids) and don't support shill bids.

HA HA HA, NO PROBLEM LARRY!

ALSO I AM REIFOX FROM AFTERNIC, YOU KNOW WHO I AM!

Domain summit 2024

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LarryWentz
I suggest banning IP addresses from the attackers.

Larry,

Unfortunately, banning ip addresses isn't going to do much good. Since most people have dynamic ip addresses (ip addresses that are spread throughout the ISP's user base and usually changes from connection to connection) instead of static ip addresses (one that is constant) because of the costs involved to the Internet Service Provider (ISP) -- it's very doubtful that this will solve the problem. Especially when anyone can go down the street to a library or a friend's house and dial in and go right back at it.

Dan, could block entire hosts from visiting the forum. That might be troublesome, though, if he has other visitors using the same host.

Dan, could also contact the ISP of the "attacker" and threaten to complain higher up in the backbone if they didn't immediately cancel this person's account. This rarely works, though -- especially if the person or ISP is in another country. It would also be very time consuming for Dan. The person could, also, just get another account with a different company.

Hopefully, you won't have an impersonation problem now that you have your username back.

Good luck,
Chris

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After reviewing some of reifox's posts, I just took all the possible ways to ensure he never posts anything else on this board.

Larry, I also got all the usernames someone created to try and impersonate you, deleted them and banned the IP which someone used to create all of them (same IP). Hopefully this will stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators