• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Will VodCasting become popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namesdencom

Level 3
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
4
I own a suite of VodCast related domain names and am wondering when and if Vodcasting will become as popular as Podcasting?

My question to the group is should I Hold Sell or Drop and if so which ones would you keep?

VODArchive.com
VODArchives.com
VODCastCreator.com
VodcastingTips.com
vodcastmovienet.com
vodcastmusicnet.com
VODcastPicks.com
vodcastnewsnet.com
vodcastnewsnetwork.com
vodcastsportsnet.com
vodcastsportsnetwork.com
VodcastTips.com
VODcityGuide.com
VODDiningGuide.com
VODEventGuide.com
VODEvents.com
VODMovieGuide.com
VODHotelGuide.com
VodNewscast.com
VODMusicGuide.com
 
Yes but not under that name. RSS will be one of the most important mechanisms to disseminate audio/audio video content. But I highly doubt the term "VODcasting" will ever gain much traction.
 
You are better off with going in the "vlog" direction. I believe this will be much more widely used in the near future.
 
I dropped a ton of VOD names except for a few ones I like.

I don't think "VOD" has really caught on as an every day consumer word... even though cable providers use it ad-naseum with digital cable.

Not a lot of online streaming companies even use "vod" in their domain names. Vod.com's big thing is actually hotmovies.com for example.

I don't really see much of a resale market considering your ideal buyer is either an online vod company that has no interest in using the acronym or a cable giant that can take the name of you with a UDRP if they actually wanted it.
 
many thx for the frank and helpful replies. It is refreshing to have professionals conduct themselves professionally as opposed to insane comments like "Your names suck and well you have already heard or read the rest of what unfortunately you might expect on some discussion boards.

Thx again to all that contributed their input

SA
 
Yes but not under that name. RSS will be one of the most important mechanisms to disseminate audio/audio video content. But I highly doubt the term "VODcasting" will ever gain much traction.

I agree.

I own Vidcasting.com and several "vidcast" domains.

I've been waiting for this term to become more mainstream. I believe it is likely in the same camp as vodcasting.

Michael
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom