Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WIPO Domain Name Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the legal issues about domains and trademarks should read the WIPO proceedings at:

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/

At the bottom of the page, you can read decisions and search for specific types of cases.

I highly recommend that you subscribe to the daily updates by clicking:

Subscribe to email updates

When you read the cases on a daily basis, you'll realize how inconsistent the decisions are, due to the human element that different aribiters must decide each case.

Domain Summit 2024

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like Dan, I've been following UDRP decisions since 2000. Cases, summaries, articles, etc are available at http://www.udrplaw.net for those interested.

Another good source of information is Bret Fausett's Icann.blog.us.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UDRPLaw.net is a good site... but I have a question. Recently you posted an announcement there that the contact email address for the site had changed because you changed ISPs. How come you don't just use an email address within the udrplaw.net domain itself, so it doesn't have to change every time you change ISPs? I do that with my sites, using webmaster@[whatever domain].

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for posting to this thread. Both sites are extremely valuable sources of legal information for the domain community. I will be spending a lot of time at both sites.

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan,

The reason that I haven't set up an e-mail address on udrplaw.net is time & money. I know it doesn't cost all that much to add an e-mail address to the site, but it costs enough that I have delayed doing so. I've also been a little occupied with other projects and I've never gotten around to adding it. I know it makes sense, but that project is still hovering on the "to-do" list.

Thanks for the reminder though.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If your hosting provider charges extra to let you have email in your own domain, then get a better hosting provider... :) I use Dreamhost, myself, and it lets me have a large number of POP mailboxes and an unlimited number of alias addresses, all with no extra charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom