Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would you buy a .COM.CN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Somehow, the .com ruins the look of that URL :cool:

From speednames.com ``

The Chinese .COM.CN will soon be open for global registrations

We are about to experience an historic event. The third level domain .COM.CN is being made available for registration GLOBALLY! This is the first time ever that a third level domain from the People's Republic of China will be available to all, and with NO policy restrictions.

It is expected that as of December 2002 companies and organizations everywhere can become part of the rapidly growing Chinese online market.

The worlds most dominant player
There's real excitement around this initiative. China is the world's most
populated country, with more than 56 million Internet users. The country is destined to become one of the most dominant players in global trade, thanks to its new membership of the World Trade Organization (WTO).

No one knows the details yet
The opening of the .COM.CN will be formalized at the ICANN meeting in the Shanghai, which is taking place this very moment.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No

M

miller6055

This could be the most exciting development since New.net introduced all those domains that no one can find.

NOTHANKS.COM.CN

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strangely enough, I own the .com version of a popular .com.cn games site and seem to get some of their traffic... I think it might me a game cheat site, but I'm not sure (as it is in Chinese!) Anyone have any ideas on what I could do with these extra visitors?

Q

qak

No way! The Chinese Government could do a 180 on you and you're out of luck.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom