Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Would you reg this .ca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I came across a single word that is regged in the .com .net .org and .info

It is avail in the .ca

Has 2,380,000 results in google for this word

Would you reg it? or is it easy to find a single word with his many search results in the .ca world?

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
depends on the word. is there advertising for this term is it used a lot or is it just a random seldom used dictionary word?

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also when I search the word in google there are adds that come up on the side for this word.

When I look at the word in adwords the Advertiser Competition bar is almost at the end, and the January Search Volume bar is at half.

The word is not a Trade Mark it is a name of something that is tangible. Not something you would go and buy but is a substance used in manufacturing.

When I use spyfu I get this for the word at get this:
Cost/Click: $0.58 - $1.78
Advertisers: 18

In Wordze:
Results KEI WordRank Index R/S Ratio Average Monthly Links Average URL PageRank
2,490,000 0 8.23 2434.02 17.95 4.78

Searched 127 times a day estimated 1023 times

Clicks/Day: 23.7 - 30.0
+8.69 (57.89 %) Search Results: 2,060,000
-2,380,000 (-53.60 %)

Cost/Day: $13.63 - $60.00
+$5.00 (57.89 %)

Last edited:

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you believe it has traffic or can gain traffic (easy se placement) then I would register it. If your not sure, move on to something else your sure of.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know I never see .ca names up top in google results, always dot com names

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I generally try and keep my .ca reg's with a Canadian flavor. What's popular across the border isnt always a big deal here. I've regged what seemed to be hot in .com,net, etc.. in .ca and come up with crapola. At the end of the day we do type in something different than others do. As a matter of fact as I see it not alot of people i know personally type anything in. They either google it or mywebsearch it. mywebsearch is a really good alternative to google by the way. So, if you think you can get it placed on the first page and that a canuck may be interested, then reg it.

Good luck, and if you do reg it... feel free to enlighten us with the results.

Kevin

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well what the heck I regged it. I am pretty good with seo on blogs so I am sure I will get my reg fee back.

It is regged in all these - .com .net .org .biz .info.us

tantalum dot ca

Mining and exploration is big in Canada. What really surprised me most other metals are all regged in the .ca , even much lesser mined and used ones. Not sure why this one was missed?

So did I waste my $$$?

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now you just need to find out who is looking for tantalum information and make a webpage or website that targets that group.

by the way, I've noticed a lot of Canadian junior mining companies use .ca domains for their websites.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I parked it at sedo and some good relevant ads are showing so we will see I guess.

Just need to find an enduser now.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just need to find an enduser now.

Or become the end user.

It would be easy to make a site with facts and information all about this metal that might rank high in search engines. The benefits are you could get search engine ranking, and not rely on ppc parking companies. It would also make the domain more valuable if it was a traffic site.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I emailed some end users and have already had a couple of responses which I have not replied to. This is the most interesting response. Any Ideas here on how much I should as and best way to respond?? Thanks

Hello Mike:

Thanks for your email. As we are an active participant in tantalum exploration, I believe there could be a benefit in owning a domain such as tantalum dot ca. If you are interested in selling it, please email me your selling price and I will discuss it with our team.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hard to guage an asking price, especially since you initiated the negotiations. Consider that even junior mining companies have millions of dollars in budget per year, not that I'm suggesting to ask into that kind of range.

I bet they would expect to pay in the $xxx range. Anything over $1k they would probably balk at, cause it's 'just a domain' (think the Cowboys.com story). Whatever you ask, maybe mention you are contacting other parties, and if you know of any other mining companies that own metal domain names, that might help too.

I don't usually email prospective buyers myself, but looks like this might work out for you.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also remember the 30 day rule, you can't transfer until somewhere around 3/24!! Good luck with your sale Kamloops!!

Cheers,

Jay

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice initiative!
Good Luck

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a solid offer from a mining company, I asked for 1K they came back with 500.00

Should I take it or counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom