• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Wow 2002 to 2012 10 years here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropWizard.com

Old Fart
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 6, 2002
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
61
Looking at my profile I just realized it is May 2002 that is the registration date shown although I know there were previous versions of this forum that go back years earlier that I belonged to

So is there like a secret batman decoder ring or a dn forum cape that we get for suffering here so long:cheesy:

Or is the owner too cheap :bathbaby:
 
That's awesome Gordon, congrats!

Your post made me look at my join date, which is 05-30-2002. So in a few days I'll have joined DNF a decade ago ;)

Do we get showered with gifts now? lol
 
I had my anniversary a lil over a month ago.
Have you calculated the % of your life spent on DNF?
Mine's over 25%, which is crazy...
 
I checked the date which turns out to be May 6th.

Maybe we should get an old timers badge or a "buck a post" monthly pension.
 
I would settle for 95¢ per post!
 
All you old timers... making a newbie like me feeling like a little kid, having joined in 09!
 
Last edited:
Looking at my profile I just realized it is May 2002 that is the registration date shown although I know there were previous versions of this forum that go back years earlier that I belonged to

So is there like a secret batman decoder ring or a dn forum cape that we get for suffering here so long:cheesy:

Or is the owner too cheap :bathbaby:

Congrats for your 10th year!

many marriages don't last that long :)
 
All you old timers... making a newbie like me feeling like a little kid, having joined in 09!

People like DW remember the good ol' days of domaining.

You had to hand crank the ol Kapro's to boot them up. Then you would connect via a 2.56b/m telegraph modem.
After registering the name, it would be delivered to you via Pony Express in about 4 weeks in a leather pouch.

Ahh yes, the old silver backs had it so good back in the day.
 
People like DW remember the good ol' days of domaining.

You had to hand crank the ol Kapro's to boot them up. Then you would connect via a 2.56b/m telegraph modem.
After registering the name, it would be delivered to you via Pony Express in about 4 weeks in a leather pouch.

Ahh yes, the old silver backs had it so good back in the day.

ROFLMAO not quite that bad :-) I think I had a 56k modem by then! Maybe not...all the technology changes have become a blur....

But I can remember the 6 am goldrush was really 3 am here on the west coast. I used to get up at 2:20 AM every morning and log into the registrar. I would have as many screens as my computer would support open and start cutting and pasting and submitting names manually for 45 minutes. I built a lot of my early portfolio like that for over a year 2000-2001. I would be awake (psyched) till about 5 and then have to get up at 8 to go to work.

And the lists of dropping names would hit 500-700,000 names a week. I got wrist arm and elbow problems from all the keyboard work hitting the down button and cutting and pasting. It would take most of the day just to get through the daily list.

It was a real relief when I started offering services to other domainers and got a couple of registrars on board and could start using scripts instead.

I can remember the night I thought I bagged shopping.com manually in a drop. I was flying!!! Then I realized it was actually shopplng.com small L not an i. What a letdown. :-(
 
After the original database was converted from phpBB (I think) and merged with the vB one, a lot of accounts turned into "Guest". The earliest posts of mine I could find were from 2001. What a wonderful waste of a decade :D j/k
 
Shhhhhhh! I'm here almost every day too but would need a lot more than a buck a post to pension out…
 
Remember the $70 registration fee? Ahh... the good old days.
 
Congratulations!
You now have tenure! :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom