• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Wow - cv.ca is at 14K with almost 4 days to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
cv.ca (reserve not yet met)

http://auction.myid.ca/

Addition info on cv.ca

Fabulous super premium domain ideal for job and employment related websites. Anyone looking for a job starts by submitting a CV and any company looking to hire, starts by reviewing submitted CVs.

236 million search results on google.

Recent jobs related domain sales include:

emplois.ca (jobs in french) ----> 56 k
jobs.ca --------> 600 k

more than $5000 3 day 19 hour 56 min 58 sec $14000
 
Yeah and it hasn't hit it's reserved yet...so it doesn't really tell us anything. It could be reserved at $1mil. It would help if the reserve ranges were a bit more accurate.
 
this could be the big sale of that auction if it meets reserve. I saw this for sale in the last year when I was buying L-L.ca's, and it made me get c-v(.)ca. looks like there are a lot of domains in the auction with bids... quite a few in the x,xxx range so far.
 
All of them with reserves not met. Doesn't really mean much...but we'll see.
 
Bid should start at reserve otherwise what a waste of time.
 
I don't know about others but when I place a good bid and it says hasn't hit reserve, I lose interest.

The problem with all these auctions lately at the shows is that the reserves are rediculously high and just piss people off.

-=DCG=-
 
I don't know about others but when I place a good bid and it says hasn't hit reserve, I lose interest.

The problem with all these auctions lately at the shows is that the reserves are rediculously high and just piss people off.

-=DCG=-

Indeed. Reaction of a normal potential buyer who knows the subject!
 
I don't know about others but when I place a good bid and it says hasn't hit reserve, I lose interest.

The problem with all these auctions lately at the shows is that the reserves are rediculously high and just piss people off.

-=DCG=-

I thought most of the reserves were quite reasonable. I did a blog post looking at them in more detail at:
< do not promote your websites here in discussion forum >

CV.ca is probably the best domain in this auction, so I'm not surprised that the reserve is quite high.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree with Adam, if you put a reserve put it on the starting bid. Why waste going back and forth and bidding on something that hasn't hit reserve?

I am not surprised that myid did it this way, they complicated things too much for me to even want to bid. Good luck to those who do.
 
It is just a fishing trip without a listed reserve/starting price and a complete waste of time...
 
I agree with all of you. I had to send photo id, credit card, send in an agreement.. send in the agreement again because I missed my name in one spot. How much more complicated can it get to BID on domains?

Then I see all these crazy high reserves on domains that are clearly not even worth the bids they have now that are under their reserve.

Maybe I'm just complaining too much, but wish things were done a little differently. :)
 
now 52.5k and reserve not met. thought it would have been met by now.
 
Maybe i'm crazy, but if the reserve is over 50k, and I "had" 50k to drop on a name like this, I would no longer be interested.
 
Even though the reserve hasn't been met yet,
which I thought it would have been already :)
It's still nice to see the interest at that $ level!
 
hopefully it's close to reserve and makes it, I think most wouldn't have set a reserve in the 50k range, but it does look like the interest is there. I wonder if there's any traffic, or is it just the potential of the two letters driving the bidding?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom