Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed www.directfraud.com - PR 6 - Over 28,000 members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitejunkies

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Directfraud.com (Direct Fraud Prevention Systems) has been established online for over three years.

Alexa Ranking: Traffic Rank for directfraud.com: 64,965

PR: 6

By offering certification to online businesses, this company has the ability to bring in an incredible profit, and has done so in the past when I was more actively marketing it. However, even without any marketing for over a year, It still retains a PR of 6. It costs very little to run (hosting account $35 monthly) and about an hour of time a day is all that it requires. The scripts make nearly everything automated. The revenue fluctuates from $300 a week, to $800.00 or more just on the certifications and product sales of consumer based products available within the consumer section of the site. (I have over half a dozen exclusive 'consumer protection' based e-books that I have written that would also be included for sale on the site, ranging from $19.99-29.99 each. Graphics and media included for these special consumer offers).

This site is driven my MySQL and php. The entire site is automated with the exception of having to click a button within the admin panel to either accept or reject a merchant's website. It is set up to accept Paypal, ClickBank and could easily include your own merchant account or any other processor.

It is also set up so that it can be easily maintained and operated. For instance, if a merchant signs up for certification, and asks that you consider allowing them to join the site, you are instantly emailed notification of this request. If you accept the merchant requesting certification, the system automatically emails the merchant notifying them of your acceptance. The email contains a unique username and password enabling the merchant to automatically log into the special control panel where they can pay for a year's certification. This is all done, hands free.

Once the merchant logs in and pays for the yearly certification subscription, all of the features (depending on the package they purchased) becomes instantly accessible to them, including the ability to create their own feature page, category listings and more. If you would like to test this out, simply let us know and we will set up a merchant certification account for you, so you explore that portion of our site.

The merchant certification rates are $25.00 or $35.00 for advanced features. You can set this price to be as you wish. For over two years the price was $59.99 or $69.99 and still attracted attention, however I decreased the cost only a month ago when I was going to do my best to manage my time so that I could introduce Direct Fraud to members of my other websites, through an introductory offer (hence the price decrease). I have not been able to find time throughout the past year to give this site the time and energy that it should have, in order to get the most out of the community it has obtained.

In addition, this site also offers free consumer memberships and currently has over 28,000 members (merchants and consumers combined) on the site. This is a great "leads" database to advertise your other products, services or websites to as well as take the time to start a monthly newsletter and profit from advertiser revenue. (an existing script is installed to enable you to email all members instantly!) It had a community forum but due to my limited time once again, I had removed it with a notice to all members that pending new ownership it may return. The forum was exceptionally active with almost 1,000 members in the short time I had it up. It would definitely receive attention, especially with the industry that Direct Fraud.com is in. The forum that is installed is Invision Board, but of course, that could be easily changed.

One of my future goals was to charge consumers a yearly membership plan for access to articles, the complaint submission database (referred to on the site as the "Watchlist") as well as many other features. You can join up as a free consumer if you wish to view what is offered to consumer members. Of course, this members center could be improved upon, and easily made into a "paid membership" center easily. This would double your income as you would be earning from both merchants and consumers. This isn't to mention the advertising space you could offer as well.

Also unique to Direct Fraud is the consumer watch list, a database that is driven by members. They can post inquiries, respond to one another and post comments on different websites, alerts and more. As an admin, you can provide follow ups (if desired), delete posts or edit them. This is NOT a forum, but a "Watch List" where consumers can post about current schemes in circulation or ask questions in regards to particular opportunities.

There is also an affiliate program implemented into the site, although we barely launched it. It has only 2,198 affiliates within this program now. Of course, if we had really emphasized it on our site, it would easily triple the number quickly.

In truth, this site has done wonders both with ranking, popularity and profit for the extremely small effort in marketing that I had put into it. If I had more time, I would have marketed the heck out of the site, and added on so many other ways of generating revenue on an ongoing basis.

The admin panel contains a script enabling you to instantly email all merchants, all consumers or a variation of both. The scripts contained and used on Direct Fraud are exceptionally well written (to reduce server load and problems) and is set up to generate an incredible profit for anyone willing to put the time in.

With such a large database of existing merchants and consumers (over 28,000) the site does a fairly decent job of marketing itself, as a link back to Direct Fraud along with the DF logo is displayed on many of the merchants websites (as a way to link back to their featured page). I haven't even touched this site in regards to marketing it myself in over a year. If someone put time into marketing, the site would triple in size in no time.

There are many other features.. too many to mention. For a demo, visit http://www.directfraud.com and sign up as a consumer to see that side of the site, or to see the advanced merchant features, PM me with your choice of username I will set up a demo account for you, giving you inside access from a merchant's point of view (where you can see how it is set up, how a merchant can create their own feature page, get listed in the Direct Fraud marketplace and much more)

Why am I selling? While I am not in any hurry to sell, as I have put a lot of work into this site with scripting, and originally growing the company, I have no time to put into it, especially as it deserves. Although this was entirely run by one person, I have since moved into other industry's, such as writing which is my original background as well as trying desperately to manage my time between my online businesses and family. I am confident that this site will sell itself, so instead of placing a price on it, I would rather receive your offers and go from there. Please PM your offer only.

Direct Fraud (known as Direct Fraud Prevention Systems) is widely known and respected as a viable source for business alerts and consumer protection services.

Direct Fraud: http://www.directfraud.com

Let us know what information you would like, and we will be sure to get it to you. Please PM us with your interest/offer/questions.

Stats:
http://www.directfraud.com/summary.gif
http://www.directfraud.com/stats.gif

massappeal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very interested!

In terms of monthly revenue, what is renewal and what is new purchases?

What is the turnover of existing merchants?

What are the number of "current" merchants?

Thanks!

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, very nice niche site. I wouldn't be in any hurry to sell it either.

sitejunkies

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
massappeal,
| replied via pm |

partang2 & NetProwler,

Thanks a lot. Although I am not in a hurry to sell, I have not been actively promoting it for some time, as I just don't have time to do so.. In light of that, it's best to sell it and let someone else really put some effort into it.. It's too lucrative of a site to just let sit there...

Thanks again =)

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is your asking price ?

sitejunkies

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have a set price, i am looking for offers as my post states.. I am however a very reasonable person. :)

sitejunkies

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Had quite a few offers however site is still available.. Accepting offers above $4000.00 only.

That's as low as I can go for an established site like this and even at this minimum, I am offering it way below what I could obviously get for it, if I cared to take my time, but there is no point in dragging this out.. I have no time for the site, plain and simple.

Buy it now price is $5500 USD.

nibbler22

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sitejunkies said:
Had quite a few offers however site is still available.. Accepting offers above $4000.00 only.

That's as low as I can go for an established site like this and even at this minimum, I am offering it way below what I could obviously get for it, if I cared to take my time, but there is no point in dragging this out.. I have no time for the site, plain and simple.

Buy it now price is $5500 USD.

Hey Sitejunkie,

I sent you a PM

Neil

sitejunkies

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Neil :)

I replied.. thanks..

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The revenue fluctuates from $300 a week, to $800.00 or more just on the certifications and product sales of consumer based products available within the consumer section of the site."

and you have a 'buy it now' of only $5,500? Are you desperately in need of money? That just doesn't make sense.

Can you post at least 10 sites out of the "2,198 affiliates" so i can see what kind of people are advertising for you?

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested in your site, but:

1. A few weeks ago this person posted that he was buying your site:
http://www.getpaidforum.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t195403.html
What happened?

2. Your compalints blacklist only has around 70 companies in it. How can you have 27000 free members and only 70 complaints?

3. How can your Tattle Tail toolbar be of any use if it only warns people when they go to one of these 70 blacklisted sites?

4. On your site you say you offer insurance coverage for up to $20.00 on all purchases made via your website. How often do you have to pay this out?

5. Do you do anything to try to get merchants to renew after a year? How many paying merchants do you currently have?

6. You have no newsletters posted in your newsletters section. Are you still sending them out?

- Eric

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he is really making $300-$800 per week...even on the low scale of $300 per week why is he only selling for $5500 as a buy it now? A site that can prove those kinds of numbers should be asking for more. Just an observation that he is only asking for 18 weeks of profit...on the low end. 4 months of revenue? I like a good deal as good as anyone but profit has to be proven. A screenshot of paypal or something similar may help you close the sale.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When someone tells you they're making $300-$800 a week remember that's only half of the picture. Perhaps $5500 is very reasonable for a site with that kind of revenue. If, for example, he's working 72 hours a week to earn that $300-$800, it suddenly doesn't sound especially appealing. Or, for another example, if he's spending $900 a week on Google AdWords to bring in the traffic that's making him the $300-$800, it's also not too appealing. I'm sure that neither of those are true in this case, but just remember that looking only at revenue doesn't give you the full picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators