Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed www.FanFiction.TV

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Need some input please. The keywords "Fan Fiction" returned almost 74,000 searches on overture. Yahoo returned 67 category matches, 1339 website matches and 735,000 webpage matches.
"FanFiction" seems to span many medias, especially the tv, video and movie markets. Maybe the .tv extension will fit this domain?

Thanks,
DD

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can always count on "snoop's" negative and abusive remarks for my domains. How about posting a few of your own, so that we can have an opportunity to post reviews on your domains. How did you become a moderator anyway?

sorry if you think my views are negative but post the domain on any auction site and you'll soon see. .tv died a long time ago.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've made a couple of grand on .TV domains.

thats great but doesn't change the fact that in todays market they are worthless. Can you post a up a link to any .tv auctions where a name has in the last month or two? I haven't seen a single one for a long time. Admittedly my comment above is a bit harsh, but these domains simply do not sell in my opinion.

If you can prove that similar domains to yours are selling (publically available info) then I'll take back my original comment.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I ask for is a fair and objective appraisal. No personal stabs. Especially when I have done nothing to deserve them. Sorry for the reaction, but I guess sometimes I expect too much.

Originally posted by domaindirk
All I ask for is a fair and objective appraisal. No personal stabs.

there was no 'personal stab', my comment was that the name is worthless. I beleive my original valuation is accurate.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a good solid name and assuming you got it at the "basic" reg fee a keeper.

If you try to firesale it now on ebay I say reg fee if at all there are simple many prime .tv domains for the basic reg fee.
I recently regged both FreeEmail.tv and MovieTrailers.tv both with also excellent overture. .tv is still far to young and we have a bear market in domains so Snoopy does make a very valid point here.

But if you are willing to wait for .tv to develop and I say 5 years or more, and it will develop into a prime tld then you will do very well with FanFiction.tv

By the way what was AsSeenOnTV.com worth in say 1995? Not even the reg fee...

With .tv I say wait.

.tv's really don't seem to be selling well at all, and as time passes I would expect that to get worse not better with the wider choice of .noncoms out there.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a .tv ....the .com would be a different story I believe

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You might get lucky if someone in media production wants to buy it. Some tv programs still go for .tv and I can understand why. But what they are worth today is beyond me. I never have owned a .tv and I was not caught up in the hype when it was first released either.

Good luck to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom