• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Yahoo Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
Do you make more money by targeting, or by just leaving it be auto matched?
 
There are some sites of mine their auto matched have no relevance so I switch to targeting. It all depends on your site. I can't tell you how many tickets I have submitted letting them know their ads displayed by relevance :censored: but then I remember they are still in beta. Can't complain YPN is far superior over Adsense.
 
Arg, I put targeting for like computer -> internet stuff, and I end up with an advertisement for sears air conditioning. What the $)*^$?

It's a file host, no one will be interested in sears air conditioning.

One day I made $300 with targetting, so the next day I tried without, I made like $20. Then I switched it back and it was fine.

Now, I cannot get back to $300, with any targetting, even though i'm getting 2x the clicks I had.
 
Zion said:
Arg, I put targeting for like computer -> internet stuff, and I end up with an advertisement for sears air conditioning. What the $)*^$?

It's a file host, no one will be interested in sears air conditioning.

One day I made $300 with targetting, so the next day I tried without, I made like $20. Then I switched it back and it was fine.

Now, I cannot get back to $300, with any targetting, even though i'm getting 2x the clicks I had.


Ouch, good luck. My advice to you would be to email yahoo to see if they can fix the targetting issue.
 
I've asked for a free category. Like for free file hosting, like for free myspace game sites or whatever, because I do get advertisements for like video streaming, and I can see how people would want to click on that.

Dunno, seems as if the big payers have left or they made some changes.

I was up to $500/day then my site went down for a week (UGH!) now i'm below $100.

*sigh*
 
The subject targetting definitely didn't work for me for education (I think that was the category...) unless home mortgages are related to education. My revenue is also down ~50% this month versus last month ?? Hmm..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom