Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Yanks about to get whooped?

• Thread starter President Gringo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have a look at some South American TV ... even Mexico.

Sheeezz.

Only the largest football sport in the whole darn World.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR Have a look at some South American TV ... even Mexico. Sheeezz. Only the largest football sport in the whole darn World.

I agree, it is very odd why Pro Soccer is so incrediby non-popular in the USA. But lower grade school soccer is the opposite, very popular. There is a big decline that takes place from the middle grade school level for 10 yr olds to the Professional level.

It's so unknown as a pro sport I do not even know the name or city of even one of the pro teams anywhere in the nation, or even if there is a team in my own State, even though my State borders Mexico where it's very popular from what I hear. :embarrass

I recommend this very interesting article, on the Team America, the US soccer team that set the corner stone for professional soccer in the US.

In the early 80's a Greek soccer coach (and Greek national team coach) came to the US and took over the national team. His name was Alketas Panagoulias. The team of that time achieved amazing results and several of its players succeeded in European leagues.

http://www.betonfutbol.com/worldcup/usa.html

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lower grade school soccer is the opposite, very popular.
Hardly. Nowhere near popular, nevermind very popular.
Do people participate in soccer? Yes, 15-20 kids total for a varsity team. WOW. Do non-players attend games? No, never. Soccer is about as cool as joining the track team.

Anyway point being, just because a select few play a little soccer after school, doesnt mean its "very popular".
Cuz eh, Soccer is absolutely horrible. Its worse then Golf!!!!!

P

President Gringo

Timechange, where are you orignally from?

And Realnames? Where in AZ are you? Looking to move there for good. My future wife works in Yuma and lives in Somerton. Going back there in a few weeks :)

P

President Gringo

Watched the Poland v Korea match today, those are the other 2 teams in the USA Group (forth team being Portugal). I think the USA should qualify for the next round (Portugal coming top of the group).

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it should be every 2 Years then ... wot else is every 4 Years the Olympics, so they play again in 2004 .... same .... same.

;)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
Watched the Poland v Korea match today, those are the other 2 teams in the USA Group (forth team being Portugal). I think the USA should qualify for the next round (Portugal coming top of the group).

Maybe!
USA 13 in World Ranking
But Korea is 40 and Poland 38, but I think that Koreans are good and they could win USA, but We will see.

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by stuff

Maybe!
USA 13 in World Ranking
But Korea is 40 and Poland 38, but I think that Koreans are good and they could win USA, but We will see.

They were good at creatin chances today against Belgum, but couldn't do much with them. Defensively, both teams are pants. Could be alot of goals when they both play portugal and USA :)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR

Only happens once every 2 Years, and is now an Olympic Sport.

The World Cup and the Olympic Games have a 2 year breathing period between them.

Olympics goes like this: 2000,2004,2008,2012 etc and
worldcup goes like this: 2002,2006,2010,2014 etc ....

Coincidence ? NOooooooo i think not.

World cup is as powerful as the Olympics (if not more)

my 88cents (if you only have single dollars, don't worry i have change)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tonight, Jay Leno said The World Cup will set a worldwide viewing record of one billion people, actually three more than a billion, 1,000,000,003 as 3 Americans are also expected to watch it. :laugh:

Sorry folks, Pro Soccer is even more boring than Pro Golf but very strangely school soccer is fun and exciting if played by 7 to 11-yr olds.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Real Names,

Give it time and probably 10 Americans will watch the final.
a few more than watch Tiger Woods maybe ... HUH

:)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR Real Names, Give it time and probably 10 Americans will watch the final. a few more than watch Tiger Woods maybe ... HUH :)

If I read any more of these posts perhaps 11 more than one billion, counting myself. :laugh: Last time I saw soccer on TV or live was when I watched my daughters play an elementary school game ages ago.

What is wrong with the lunatic fans from Europe and elsewhere who riot over soccer games, injuring or killing other fans over a slow little action low scoring 1-0 game, or a 2-1 game, if it was an unusually high scoring match!

What boring dull lives non-usa soccer fans must have to actually riot over such an incredibly boring sport! :confused:

I just checked Whois, SoccerForum.com .net and .org are all taken but .US is available. Wonder why? :laugh:

P

President Gringo

Half time, and Yanks are winning 3-1

They are playing well.....and Portugal is sucking something rotten.

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3 - 1 absolutley amazing.

Next thing you know this will be happening.

animatedgif11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators